• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Spanish speeding fine-HELP!!

citysfinest

The big powers have silenced me. So much for free
What a c*ck !
First fine in the 8 years I been driving. Cant say you have never got points surely.

MickStagraget

First fine in the 8 years I been driving. Cant say you have never got points surely.
I can.

A few years ago you'd have been fine with this, but IIRC points can now apply when driving in other EU countries (may be completely wrong on that though).

A few years ago my brother was in an accident while in Madrid. Can't remember the reasons why or the exact process but I know he ended up having to fly out there to appear in court. As far as I know it was actually pointless and nothing came of it.

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Cant say you have never got points surely.
I can actually.

ecfc2000

The Spanish are a bunch of c*nts, ignore this so called fine.

citysfinest

There are no points. You can not be issued points abroad. Most countries don't do points only fines which increase with each offence.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
So what was wrong with doing the full 160kph?

Have fun with your insurance company, the fine will be small compared with what your premiums go up by. Be grateful though there are no points on your license.
If it's a first offence, it's unlikely a premium will change. It's almost considered an occupational hazard to get a speeding ticket somewhere down the line.

However, should you get another and an additional three points before the first lot have expired you might then be asked to dig a little deeper come renewal time.

citysfinest

I can actually.
Good for you.

citysfinest

The Spanish are a bunch of c*nts, ignore this so called fine.
I love Spanish, I have a house there it's my 2nd home! But thanks anyway :)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
If it's a first offence, it's unlikely a premium will change. It's almost considered an occupational hazard to get a speeding ticket somewhere down the line.

However, should you get another and an additional three points before the first lot have expired you might then be asked to dig a little deeper come renewal time.
Looking at multi-drop delivery jobs, they accept up to 6 points. Suppose the more mileage you do the more likely that somewhere you'll get caught however careful you are.

citysfinest

Well I checked with our insurance guys who I work for and they said it's invalid to them basically.