• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Soup

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Have you no consideration whatsoever for your fellow human beings Hants ? When I lived in London there was nothing more horrendous, than getting on a packed tube train to work in the morning, and being wedged beside someone whose armpits exuded the cloying and pungent aroma of the previous evenings garlic intake. Garlic eaters should face a 48 hour curfew from all confined public spaces, including cinemas. Lol !
Might be useful for social distancing purposes. I'll bring a flask of it to the next game at SJP. :)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
With the ground turning white from the wintry weather, thoughts returned to soup. There was broccoli looking a bit yellow so in to a pan with water and garlic, and chicken stock. Twas lovely!

Photo of my garden looking white from a hail storm is available on request.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Carrot and coriander soup. Had to brave the rain to pick some coriander from the garden. Excellent as always.

I cheated with the carrots and dipped in to the freezer and used frozen ones. The packet indicated that they were suitable for vegans. Which led me to ponder when wouldn't sliced carrots be suitable for vegans?

Last edited:

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Carrot and coriander soup. Had to brave the rain to pick some coriander from the garden. Excellent as always.

I cheated with the carrots and dipped in to the freezer and used frozen ones. The packet indicated that they were suitable for vegans. Which led be to ponder when wouldn't sliced carrots be suitable for vegans?
Any one seen Jasper Carrott lately?

Alistair20000

I cheated with the carrots and dipped in to the freezer and used frozen ones. The packet indicated that they were suitable for vegans. Which led be to ponder when wouldn't sliced carrots be suitable for vegans?
Pleased to see the canned soup has been given the The Elbow today (y) I can even live with the frozen carrots....just.

elginCity

Had a go. Chicken bones stock added to Aldi veg/pots casserole mix, a dash of worcester, a few gravy granules, garlic and whisked it all up.

Lovely it were, might have another go soon.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Remembered to boil up the chicken carcass after our Sunday roast. Made excellent cream of chicken soup.

Reactions: DB9

Alistair20000

Remembered to boil up the chicken carcass after our Sunday roast. Made excellent cream of chicken soup.
Excellent news. (y)

Use every single piece of the foodage. I hate food wastage me.

StroudGrecian

The current glut of parsnips has led me to rustle up some curried parsnip soup, which I serve with a blob of sriracha and some crusty bread.

Just the thing for a warming lockdown lunch.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Watercress soup. Better than my previous effort, but not convinced that I'm getting it right. Need to pop down to Alreseford and see if a cafe there does it as a local speciality.

PS. The watercress came from Spain.