• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

So where has it all gone wrong?

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Being involved with Weymouth for such a long time I've seen it all go wrong. Trust Exeter is doing nothing wrong. No fear of distinction, no fear of everyplayer striking, no fear of turning up and seeing your gates locked. Exeter are bottom of league one with budget and time.. What are you all moaning about. Times could be so much worse. It's sad to see that you can't see what you've got, it must be the brutal thing called hindsight, youll only see what you had until it's gone and trust me my Devon friends you have alot more then you ever have. I've actually cried over the last season or two with Weymouth so please don't forgett what you have and feel for us at Weymouth
Too right Larry, I suppose the ironic thing is that, although we had our best ever finish last season there were still people moaning about it on here! Of course the fact that they were such miseries in our hour of glory marked their cards and consequently their constant whining this season has little meaningful impact.

Grecian Max

Being involved with Weymouth for such a long time I've seen it all go wrong. Trust Exeter is doing nothing wrong. No fear of distinction, no fear of everyplayer striking, no fear of turning up and seeing your gates locked. Exeter are bottom of league one with budget and time.. What are you all moaning about. Times could be so much worse. It's sad to see that you can't see what you've got, it must be the brutal thing called hindsight, youll only see what you had until it's gone and trust me my Devon friends you have alot more then you ever have. I've actually cried over the last season or two with Weymouth so please don't forgett what you have and feel for us at Weymouth
Ummmm...?

We've HAVE seen terrible times - take a look at our modern history, in particular 1995 & 2003. This is what allowed to get the Trust in control and begin to look forward and achieve utilising the potential of the club. There's nothing wrong in analysing the ups and downs; if anything the downs need to be scrutinised more so. Learn from mistakes, but keep moving forward.

It is still not outside the realms of possibility that we could be a Championship club, we must not lose focus and continue to have goals. A football club is nothing without ambition, regardless of the ownership model.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Why do you persist with this charade when you're a multi and this is a false story for your character?

Nidds

IMHO nothing has gone wrong. Football is unpredictable. We have had a good run over the last few seasons, most people didn't predict how long it would last or how high we would get. No one can be sure how long this poor run will last or how low we will go. If we can ride this out and still be solvent that will be an improvement on our previous rides on the roller coaster.

Mark Wakeley

Hear hear nice one nidds we have been spoilt the last few years. I honestly believe last season will never be topped.

Nidds

You may be right Mark, ...........but I hope you're wrong. I am still hopefull of seeing us in the championship.

Mark Wakeley

I think the only way is if I win the Lotto or Roman gets fed up with Chelski. I had a nose bleed last season when we got to 6th and a touch of altitude sickess. Like you said "I hope your wrong."

Hear hear nice one nidds we have been spoilt the last few years. I honestly believe last season will never be topped.
Its all about momentum, to get to the championship you would have needed realistically to have done it last season.

Historically that is how Scunthorpe, Doncaster, Gillingham, Crewe and Rotherham did it. Many promotions within a short space of time.

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Its all about momentum, to get to the championship you would have needed realistically to have done it last season.

Historically that is how Scunthorpe, Doncaster, Gillingham, Crewe and Rotherham did it. Many promotions within a short space of time.
All apart from Doncaster (although looks likely they'll be relegated this season) plying their trade now where they came from, only Scunny outside league 2, no we'll do it differently to them, and stay there thanks ;)

Poultice

Careful, I mentioned once that last season was a missed opportunity and had to have plastic surgery and change my indentity.