• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

So what's happened now?

Number13

Yep, this time was just banter between him and the people in the picture and as long as they dont care (which may affect the squad) we should leave this one off his charge sheet

He has however been a daft boy, been punished (how many off us would put up with a 2 week fine) and we must now go on with him in the squad

As for him as a footballer, lets hope he spends most of his remaining contract on the bench or in the stands

He will remain the target on here since we always seem to need one. Thats his tough luck

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thing is though, as others have said, this latest incident on it's own is nothing, but cumulatively it is, and shows he learns nothing from previous misdemeanours. After his previous bollocking, fine and stripping of the captaincy, don't you think he might have thought twice about what he posts on the internet, even if it is just banter with team mates?

Either he's as thick as a whale omelette or he couldn't care less, either way he's really not doing himself - or the club - any favours right now.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
He will remain the target on here since we always seem to need one. Thats his tough luck
Sercombe, Woodman, Butterfield and Bennett are audibly sighing with relief that Coles is still around! :)

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Sercombe, Woodman, Butterfield and Bennett are audibly sighing with relief that Coles is still around! :)
The smiley is duly noted but you have to ask why they got the criticism/abuse imo. Sercombe hasn't helped himself on social media when his personal game didn't kick on, Woodman had a very poor start with us and been on the whole average since but at least nothing off field, Butterfield just not shown himself to be good enough given his experience but maybe we should be looking at tisdale more for signing him. Bennett I would agree that was over the top for a relatively young player who is worthy member of our squad imo at this level.

I'm surprised Woodman is still getting stick from people. One of our better players last season.

JamieEcfc

Big fuss over nothing, Im sure had it of been for example Sercombe saying it to Keohane instead of Coles then there wouldn't even be an issue

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Big fuss over nothing, Im sure had it of been for example Sercombe saying it to Keohane instead of Coles then there wouldn't even be an issue
Well perhaps not Sercs. as he has form in the poor choice of language on social media. But of the younger players like Wheeler or Grimes, say, then that's probably so.

I am generally relaxed about the use of so-called bad language. Context is important, and in this case I can't get exercised about it. The incident which led to Coles being disciplined was several orders of magnitude worse.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
I am generally relaxed about the use of so-called bad language. Context is important, and in this case I can't get exercised about it. The incident which led to Coles being disciplined was several orders of magnitude worse.
Have to agree with that statement.. I still believe the hype on the c word in the text to a youngster was nothing in compare to asking if a youth "had pubes yet" imho

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Kentish Grecian

Thing is though, as others have said, this latest incident on it's own is nothing, but cumulatively it is, and shows he learns nothing from previous misdemeanours. After his previous bollocking, fine and stripping of the captaincy, don't you think he might have thought twice about what he posts on the internet, even if it is just banter with team mates?

Either he's as thick as a whale omelette or he couldn't care less, either way he's really not doing himself - or the club - any favours right now.
Are you allowed to say b******ing? Reference to male genitalia and all that...