• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

So, what about the 'Tisdale Out' Petition?

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I definitely think the petition served a good purpose, whether people want to take the p*** out of it or not. When he was asked if he knew about the petition by one of the reporters (it might have been Ned Larkin), he replied hesitantly: 'I've heard about it, yes'....followed by a stony silence. Thats all I needed to hear - him admit he was aware of it. We havent looked back since have we? I'd say mission accomplished, for now.

Last edited:

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was chatting to the manager recently and asked him about 'the petition'.
Was this conversation face-to-face ...?

... or were you sat at his feet?

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do I still want Tisdale to go? If he carries on like he has in the last four games then maybe not.

However, given the current financial situation, a massive pay cut is in order and this sodding rolling contract needs to be changed.
If he's finally turned things around then of course he should stay, I, apart from some new financial provisos, wouldn't have it any other way.

However, those who think his critics haven't got a case should think back to when Tisdale first took up the reins. For a start, we had £50K(?) to buy Troy - yes I know that through sales of other players that even more cash came to the club - but where has it all gone? Ridiculously huge salaries amongst other things has certainly eaten it alive to the extent that declining gate receipts have failed miserably to keep up - and on top of that Then we've had to go cap in hand to the PFA for a loan. Hardly a formula for success.

*Sigh* and now they would have me break a habit of a lifetime by buying food and drink during the game - oh, and they want to relieve me of my loose change to boot.

My oh My!

geoffwp

... or were you sat at his feet?
of course....chanting hari Krishna!

flakey pasty

You two are funny.....you are so desperate to play down any possibility that you end up appearing paranoid..... :)
Haha.
Delighted you've cheered up at last Malcolm!
I defer, of course, to your knowledge about psychological disorders!
;)

geoffwp

personally, I think 40 years or more of supporting city is enough to give anyone a sykologikal disorder.

Last edited:

AlanDevlin

Doesnt look like it took a petition for the Ladies to change their manager....

http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/article/managerial-change-for-exeter-city-ladies-1979302.aspx

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
of course....chanting hari Krishna!
I would've burst into my rendition of "Those were the days."

;)

Still laughing...

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Still laughing...
Why? I can guarantee that those who signed the petition(and yes a vast majority of them were genuine fans) are delighted with 13 points from 15. No one after Mansfield would have predicted that points return so at the time it needed doing, and bare in mind we were joint top in October last season and only just survived so lets not get too confident yet please.

I am hoping the good run lasts long enough so that we win and a tinter doesn't feel the need to try and fail to score a point!:D