• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

So, what about the 'Tisdale Out' Petition?

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
No, not really. I've said elsewhere that I thought the petition a waste of time and that If you really wanted to protest do it loudly at the ground during a match.
For reasons I dont understand, times seem to have changed regarding protestations from the St James Park faithfull. It must be an Exeter generational thing, where these days, fans dont throw stuff, hurl Abuse throughout a game, hold up huge banners of the 'Pardew Out!' variety, and things of that nature. City fans are quite simply not bothering to go to games anymore, Which I doubt if Tisdale and the other two that are feeding from the City trough in a big way could give a rats ass about; until the money runs out, and we're staring administration in the face. It shouldnt have to come to that, but with the money the suits (including Tisdale) are allegedly picking up, I cant see any other option.

grecIAN Harris

Between yourself and all these "people you know" why dont you go manage the team ?

I mean you have so much info about how the club is run , who does what, and when staff are or arent doing their jobs you should be a shoe in for any position at ECFC.
From what I understand, she's been there done that and failed miserably. Why do you think she's got her arse in her hands so much?

Red Monster

Well isn't funny how things work out. I have just returned home from watching Danny Butterfield coaching Ottery St Mary under 8's, one of which is my grandson.

I took the opportunity to ask him a few questions:

How often is Tisdale at the Cat and Fiddle Danny? "He's there everyday normally, but he wasn't there to day to be fair." Why do you ask? "Never mind" was my reply.

Does Tisdale coach any of the youngsters and can he take any credit for their progress? He looked at me with astonishment at my question. "Of course he does and of course he can." Again "Why do you ask?"

Now what I have just revealed to you is hearsay. However, I think my source can be deemed as very reliable. Especially has he is not in favour at the moment. Oh, I have named my source too.

I don't know who you have been talking to Shabba, but they both can't be right.
Of course he coaches at all levels , some idiots on here just making up rubbish .

So which FULLTIME staff member is leaking anything to the chosen few or one ,answer nobody .

FAN-TATIC

Re my post #46. As I am a stickler for accuracy, a slight correction to my second question to Danny.

Does he play any part in coaching the youngsters.................?

There I feel better now.

malcolms

So in order to satisfy you that he's got more than just 'certain responsibilities' he shouldn't be managing the first team on a Tuesday night but coaching kids at the Cat and Fiddle instead?
You really should read posts more carefully and see how they correspond with the original remarks...

Antony Moxey

Go on then, indulge me, seeing as I obviously don't have a clue what point you're trying to make.

Grecian2K

A small digression I know (sorry Pate) but has anyone else amongst older exewebbers been put in mind with all of this "he said, she said" business of that near-legend from a decade or so ago - ECFC4EVA?

On an almost daily basis they would regale us, oncely, twicely and often more than thricely, of the latest ECFC 'news' - often garnered from the C&F.

Wonderous visions of star players sighted, injuries sustained, tactical genius would be revealed to us.

Sadly, he was usually singularly wrong (the only exception to this was would be when he plagiarised from the E&E, in which case he would be doubly wrong.

Then all contact suddenly stopped.

Have often wondered what ever happened to dear old EVA? Perhaps one day, with his ear so close to the ground at the C&F a wandering Friesian stood on his head??

Last edited:

FAN-TATIC

9 out of 10 for being facetious..........you created the question when you said he wanted to work with youngsters in the evenings at the Cat and Fiddle on a new 3 G pitch....The fact that he was at Cambridge on Tuesday night just confirms he's manager of the club with certain responsibilities...nothing else...
I said nothing of the sort and you need to read what has been posted.

I said that he told me years ago that what he would like is to have an indoor all weather pitch to coach the younger players in the evenings. His wish for the indoor all weather pitch has not materialised. He obviously wouldn't be able to do it on evenings where a league match was scheduled to take place.

Well you can talk, when it comes to being facetious!

Last edited:

malcolms

Go on then, indulge me, seeing as I obviously don't have a clue what point you're trying to make.
Ok, cos you clearly haven't grasped it....... The shortened version..

He said...."PT always wanted to work with the first team during the day and stay on to work on a non existent 3G pitchwith youngsters at night"

I said...."you're having a laugh, PT working evenings"

He said..."But wasn't he at Cambridge on Tuesday evening"?

I said "don't be facetious, that's not working with kids at the C & F on a cold Monday night in February (slightly embellished)

So to sum up...he deliberately misconstrued the meaning of working "in the evenings" applying the comment literally without acknowledging that if PT wasn't with the team on Tuesday at Cambridge then assuming he wasn't sick he would have been in breach of his contract...ere hold on...:S

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
I will accept that Fans Forums generally have a higher level of critics rather than praisers.
That certainly wasn't the case on Exeweb a few years ago was it?

Tisdale was riding as crest of a wave and deserved all the praise that came his way. Since those heady days everything has gone to seed; stultifying football has seen fans turning their backs, which in its turn has effected the clubs financial position.

If not Tisdale, who do we award the 'grosse zigarre' for that state of affairs?