• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Smoking, Cars & Children

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
First reading given to a Bill to make smoking in cars with children as passengers an offence.

Good or bad law if it is passed ?

StixUK

First reading given to a Bill to make smoking in cars with children as passengers an offence.

Good or bad law if it is passed ?
Good if you ask me. Smoking is a personal choice that has a damaging and negative effect on almost everything around it. Children are the last innocent people who should be affected by the effects.

The_Original

The #1 MC in Devon, and Exeweb's top boy.
Bad law. Can't f*cking do anything these days.

I remember as a kid I was in the back of the car with my mate and his mum and nan were in the front. They were both smoking and none of the windows were open. I could barely breathe but found it funny nonetheless.

wemissmoxey

I remember as a kid I was in the back of the car with my mate and his mum and nan were in the front. They were both smoking and none of the windows were open. I could barely breathe but found it funny nonetheless.
Yes and look at the impact it has had ! :D

Alistair20000

Are you playing with a full deck ?

downthetrack

I smoke,but would never smoke in confined spaces with infants or children.
Common sense init.

The_Original

The #1 MC in Devon, and Exeweb's top boy.
Yes and look at the impact it has had ! :D
:D Haha.

I just think it's a step too far tbh. I suppose it depends on what the age limit would be though?

Grecian_Jay

Not a smoker and also have a baby but I don't think it's a good rule. There are far too many rules now, this country is a joke. You should be able to do what you want in your home and car etc.

StixUK

Not a smoker and also have a baby but I don't think it's a good rule. There are far too many rules now, this country is a joke. You should be able to do what you want in your home and car etc.
and to knowingly harm the life of an innocent children whose mind is too premature to make a decision for themselves and look upto their parents for information and will generally follow on in their habits and therefore potentially affecting future children....

Mind you, this will all change when cigarettes are taken off displays in shops, which is due this year I believe for the supermarkets and a couple of years for all other shops.

woody

don't know how anyone can afford smoking!