• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sky Sports: Ethan Ampadu impressing at Chelsea after rapid rise from Exeter

Status
Not open for further replies.

denzil

Yep he had a fall out with the club.
We've never been told.

To me Hayward represented everything that was good about "our" grass roots football. A GREAT loss !!!

Bittners a Legend

In my personal opinion the loss of Simon Hayward is much greater than the loss of Perryman, Tisdale or Tagg would be individually. I know that Hayward and Tisdale fell out in the past over Tisdale's refusal to give players graduating from the academy full time pro contracts.

Does anybody know what Simon is doing now?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
We've never been told.

To me Hayward represented everything that was good about "our" grass roots football. A GREAT loss !!!
I was told about the 'fall out' by the father of someone who is in the youth academy. I don't know the details but believe he was put on 'gardening leave'

Strange that the club failed to mention this.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
In my personal opinion the loss of Simon Hayward is much greater than the loss of Perryman, Tisdale or Tagg would be individually. I know that Hayward and Tisdale fell out in the past over Tisdale's refusal to give players graduating from the academy full time pro contracts.

Does anybody know what Simon is doing now?
Perhaps those players simply weren't good enough? It's Tis' decision, not Hayward's, regardless of what anyone thinks. Does anyone know whether those refused contracts went on to have a pro career elsewhere - that'd tell which one was right.

benjisheps

Perhaps those players simply weren't good enough? It's Tis' decision, not Hayward's, regardless of what anyone thinks. Does anyone know whether those refused contracts went on to have a pro career elsewhere - that'd tell which one was right.
There was no falling out between Tisdale and Simon. In fact Simon has always spoken very positively regarding Tisdale and still does. There was however; friction between him and Tagg.
Simon and the club have reached a financial settlement and he is no longer with the club. If he does not join another club in England there is a possibility that he may pursue coaching opportunities in the States where he has some good contacts.

David Treharne

I was told about the 'fall out' by the father of someone who is in the youth academy. I don't know the details but believe he was put on 'gardening leave'
...but on the other hand just one of many things that either the Club or the Trust fail to mention, or massage the information about.

A great loss. A quiet unassuming but very talented man.

triumph

Probably one of the best reports that I have seen on young Amps. Should help our cause when the tribunal meets.

Well-known Exeweb poster
yep.. no doubts in my mind, give it a couple of years, he'll captain the Chav's .

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Probably one of the best reports that I have seen on young Amps. Should help our cause when the tribunal meets.
I sincerely hope that Steve Perryman will be among our representatives at the tribunal. His standing in the world of football and assessments could be a crucial factor in obtaining the very best results for ECFC. Of course that might depend on whether the tribunal actually takes place BEFORE his retirement at the end of the season !

eurogrecian

Not sure if they did or not, but his departure was certainly discussed on here at the time he left.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.