• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

SJP redevelopment

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
be nice if it was official but as it hasn't been seen on here guess it is completely unofficial.

would rather be wrong this way than get excited about the possibilities and be whooshed for that.

would have thought the other end of ground and og is the priority, not big bank and a spare corner. seats for economy groups could be incorporated in the stands we already have, although if funds allowed some of the ideas there are good.

Last edited:

mammooman

How 'official' is that above image mammooman?
Lets just say that when you're out of work you have a lot of spare time on your hands. ;)

I just felt that with the OG and away development maybe happening in the future some things would need to be relocated. I feel its such a huge job items such as the changing rooms, physio room etc etc would have to be relocated in the off season ready for the next. I doubt those areas could be incorperated into the new stand in such a small space of time. A development (such as the above) could give a home while the other side is 'made good'. Just a fan made idea, thats all im afraid.

Is the problem that the ground redevelopment depends on getting into the championship?

News with regard to funding and in fact news of any progress at all on SJP redevelopment have been conspicuouly absent recently.
Still no news?? Will the away end ever be done up, its a f*cking joke at the mo

Grecian2K

Still no news?? Will the away end ever be done up, its a f*cking joke at the mo
No, but I've heard that they're re-upholstering Ant Moxey's throne in the FlyBe ready for next season.

Will that suffice for the time being?

Last edited:

wemissmoxey

No, but I've heard that they're re-upholstering Ant Moxey's throne in the FlyBe ready for next season.

Will that suffice for the time being?
Who's doing the wiring ?

David Treharne

I am going to a St James Forum (that's a Ward if you live out of Exeter) this evening at which the Chair of the Club is expected to talk on just this subject. I can report back as an individual if anything momentous happens or is outlined, though I would be unable to comment as a Trustee.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Please can you report back as an individual even if they don't discuss anything REALLY interesting as well?

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I am going to a St James Forum (that's a Ward if you live out of Exeter) this evening at which the Chair of the Club is expected to talk on just this subject. I can report back as an individual if anything momentous happens or is outlined, though I would be unable to comment as a Trustee.
that would be very much appreciated David, many thanks.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Ditto ... ... [y]

David Treharne

Ed Chorlton attended the meeting. He talked briefly at the end of it to confirm that he didn't live in the ward, but invited all those present (my guess would be 80-90) to an exhibition which will be on view at The Grecian Centre on FRIDAY 17TH JUNE (10.30 - 20.00) and SATURDAY 18TH JUNE (Noon until 18.00) to view and give feedback to the Club about the plans for some redevelopment of the ground. He was at pains to point out that these were not a done and dusted deal, but a look at some ideas that will help shape the redevelopment.
If you want to know any more you could try asking Maurice Wright since he was there and interupted Mr. Chorlton several times.
An alternative might be to wait for the Club to confim the arrangements...but then again..........