• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Single use plastic

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Exactly. Is SJP splattered with blobs of chewing gum? If so we need to paint them quick. I suggest red & white would be good colours.

Andy Holloway

Negative Andy, very negative. What could be wrong with doing our bit ? It's not all about cash it's about doing things the right way, there's no financial gain in clearing up our crud from our dugout. Can't see why you've entered the thread with your sleeves rolled up.
Because that's what i as a volunteer, along with dozens of others, do at ECFC!

Doing and talking are two entirely different things

Antony Moxey

Does that include tea and coffee cups. I genuinely cannot see, unless they’re recyclable, and apparently it’s debatable whether they are, how you’d have a cup of tea at the footy withoutusing single use plastic. Very happy to be enlightened though.

Swanaldo

Does that include tea and coffee cups.
Compostable 'Vegware' cups are almost indistinguishable from plastic coffee cups. Of course they are not as cheap (yet) so any business will have to weigh up the increased cost against their green credentials...

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Does that include tea and coffee cups. I genuinely cannot see, unless they’re recyclable, and apparently it’s debatable whether they are, how you’d have a cup of tea at the footy withoutusing single use plastic. Very happy to be enlightened though.
Dunno but Spurs seem like they're doing it.

Andy Holloway

Compostable 'Vegware' cups are almost indistinguishable from plastic coffee cups. Of course they are not as cheap (yet) so any business will have to weigh up the increased cost against their green credentials...
£68 per 500, 14.5p each, which would probably rise to around 20p by the time they get filled with tea/coffee and handed over to Joe public. I'm sure if ECFC thought that crowds would pay that extra then they would/might/could use them. Have you asked the club?

LOG

They've replaced the plastic straws in the bars which is a small step but one in the right direction. I think the shop offer paper bags now instead of carriers but they are more expensive to buy in.

Andy Holloway

The other thing 'against' Vegeware type cups is that, the current ones come ready filled with tea bags/coffee/Bovril, so all the kiosk staff have to do is add hot water. Should we go down any other route then there could be the need to put the aforementioned beverage components into the cup or make 'gert big' pots of tea and pour on demand. I'm sure speed and H&S might be against this!

I'm not against anything that reduces waste on this planet but it needs to be well thought out and not just a knee jerk reaction because somebody says it 'might' be a good idea!

Swanaldo

£68 per 500, 14.5p each, which would probably rise to around 20p by the time they get filled with tea/coffee and handed over to Joe public. I'm sure if ECFC thought that crowds would pay that extra then they would/might/could use them. Have you asked the club?
Have I asked the club if they think people would pay 20p extra for a greener coffee cup? No.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
There could soon be no choice regarding paying extra for non-recyclables.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/plastic-tax-recyclable-material-single-use-government-environment-business-use-a8358251.html