• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Siege army!

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Max.

Ballistas?
I dunno...will people 'get it'? :s

Something more reconisable I think. York's Jorvik Reds is really good IMO

ForeverECFC

I Shall paint a picture and show you what I want it to look like ;)
Scrap that, but here the face i expect to see on the flag :D

http://cultzeros.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=Exe16

AndyB

Something more reconisable I think. York's Jorvik Reds is really good IMO
Dunno. Maybe not. Unless we explained it. :) Just thought it fitted with the Greek and Siege themes. But perhaps you're right.

So we need to agree on a name. :)

flackyISmydadHONEST

Well-known Exeweb poster
So we need to agree on a name. :)
The FIMDH Boys?

mammooman

I like names that have a meaning or story behind them. I think to use some link to the clubs' history and name would be a great idea. It's up to us, our generation, to keep traditions and history alive while giving others a reason to get behind a cause. A name with meaning would probably attract greater interest from different types of supporters. A 'cool' name for the younguns' but something the older fans could relate to. It would also give the impression that the fans want this name to last, to not just be a trend but almost a 2nd club nickname in itself. (I'm thinking Bristol Rovers with the Black Arabs, Gas Heads, Pirates - all with historical meanings that unless you're from the area, know the history or have an interest in football you wouldnt have a clue about.)

If we take out the club nickname links then we could call ourselves anything, but would it last?

So far we have...

Siege Army (not too keen as we already have The Red and White Army)
Ballistas (just the first thing that popped into my head as ballistas were ancient Siege weapons)
I'll also throw into the mix...
Berserkers (acknowledging the fact that we may well be a bit blind and rose tinted to our cause but willing to give it our all anyway - Berserkers were warriors would worked themselves into a rage before battle which made them almost suicidal and 'gung ho' when it came to support and fight, even when the odds were stacked against them)

rustle

Not sure I like the name Siege Army Max. Needs to be a long term name and I hope we won't always have to have a siege mentality. :)
Good names come from history and remind us of what was going on at the time (Waterloo, Trafalgar etc) so Siege Army wouldn't be forever about siege mentality. A concocted name wouldn't have the same impact. Siege Army is good [H]

poobarb

Not sure I like the name Siege Army Max. Needs to be a long term name and I hope we won't always have to have a siege mentality. :)
It is long term! The Grecians have been sieging since Troy! Remember, sometimes siege is about battering down other peoples defenses, not about re-enforcing your own.

Maybe not at first. But they will eventually. And actually, there is a benefit to it not being instantly obvious - people will feel the need to ask what it's about, therefore self-engaging themselves. If it's obvious a lot of people will just go "oh, that's nice" and carry on.

Plus, it's probably not as obscure as you might first think. I already knew what a Ballista was, as will anyone else who has played a similar amount of a certain genre of computer game.

rustle

Or simply Siege

ECFC traveller

Love the name, and as experienced tonight, it's a great thing to use in a lot of chants that are quite enjoyable to sing "have you ever, have you ever, have you ever seen a siege" haha.

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
Ballistas is a bit close to sounding like a Costa Coffee employee. We already have given ourselves a nickname. We're the Red & White Army!