• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

shut up!!!

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
But in a way ******** is right.

There is no point in having a CEO, a COO, a Commercial Director etc etc (ok, I exaggerate), if City get relageted to L2. With less income, how will the suits get paid? Or they will get paid but to the detriment of the playing budget.

Forget moving the pitch, replacing the OG etc as City wont have the money for it.

Last edited:

traffreeves1977

City will stay up!

wemissmoxey

exactly City are by far from perfect but i wouldnt have them any other way and i for one will be singing my heart out on tuesday!

UTC!
I think you are kidding yourself then,

did you go to the game on Saturday ?

did you enjoy the performance ?

Cravat

But in a way ******** is right.

There is no point in having a CEO, a COO, a Commercial Director etc etc (ok, I exaggerate), if City get relageted to L2. With less income, how will the suits get paid? Or they will get paid but to the detriment of the playing budget.

Forget moving the pitch, replacing the OG etc as City wont have the money for it.
How about masterminding our return to L2? I'd imagine, and hope, that pay reductions are built into all contracts if we are relegated (don't worry too much, as we won't be!).

Going down isn't the end of the World. We'll then just have to get ourselves back up.

I find it amazing that people are being so, so negative. We are in a relegation scrap in League One. This is a club that has, historically, struggled to finish above the bottom of League Two.

We're by no means dead and buried and, in fact, we have a very real chance of survival.

crocks

Going down isn't the end of the World. We'll then just have to get ourselves back up.
But in terms of the development of the club it is. IMHO, it would take a further 5 years to get back into the position that the club is now and to move on.

Cravat

But in terms of the development of the club it is. IMHO, it would take a further 5 years to get back into the position that the club is now and to move on.
Why? Why shouldn't we go down, play well, and come back up?

Poultice

This is a club that has, historically, struggled to finish above the bottom of League Two.
How many more times are Toenailing w*nkers gonna troll out this same tired old line.

I don't care if we get relegated, you're right it isn't the end of the world, but if we are gonna do it I want us to do it with a roar not a f*cking whimper, and I don't want to see a load of Knobhead Suit wearers dossing about drawing big money when I know they are more concerned about how Man Utd of Kilmarnock are doing.

crocks

Because clubs that get relegated dont tend to bounce back. Look at Hereford and Cheltenham (who have both struggled this season in L2).

As you quite rightly point out, wages will have to be cut. Some players will decide to leave as a result, so the squad will be weakened.

And, if you hadnt noticed, City have only won twice in the last 16 matches. There is nothing to suggest that City have the ability or the confidence to bounce.

wemissmoxey

look how hard it was to get out of the conference, if we go down I don't see us being in lge 1 again for years, we are not a big fish in lge 2 are we

Cravat

Speaking of fish, League Two is a different kettle of fish from the conference. There are four teams promoted each year and the play-offs extend down to 7th place.

We'll lose some players but we'll still have a backbone of players that have been promoted from L2 before.

Your obsession with 'the suits' is bizarre and seems to be borderline mental illness, ********.

Last edited: