• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Should Roger Conway have got a Yellow Card and finished his tenure in October?

Should Roger Conway have got a Yellow Card and finished his tenure in October?

• Yes

Votes: 17 14.4%
  • No

Votes: 101 85.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Roger made a loan of last resort to ECFC with this club's best interests at heart and staved off the PFA loan and transfer embargo for an extra 3 months by placing his & Wife's savings at risk.

The Trust response was to effectively sack him and inflict maximum reputational damage and without the courtesy of a proper recorded thanks for his 6 years service in a role that BoS member twice elected him to!

That is highly relevant to your future, as his plight will not encourage others to step up to the plate this season or next will it?
But he then withdrew the loan, because he threw his toys out of the pram. So stop trying to make him out to be a saviour, he also received interest on the loan, so he didn't really do it as a goodwill gesture either.

Terryhall

That is highly relevant to your future, as his plight will not encourage others to step up to the plate this season or next will it?
I think all it will mean is that anyone who does step up to the plate will know that they have to seek approval from their fellow Trustees prior to loaning any money to the club, and they will know what to expect if they break the rules.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think all it will mean is that anyone who does step up to the plate will know that they have to seek approval from their fellow Trustees prior to loaning any money to the club, and they will know what to expect if they break the rules.
With respect Terry, I think the likelyhood of any trustees in the future offering to lend the club money (with or without interest) is zero, when you take into consideration that the 'big three' are lining their pockets with the cash.

hoover

Roger hasn't posted on this thread once. I am **** from ******* ***** District.
How do you know this? Most don't post under their real name on here.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
For everyone's information FoRC is now on a month long ban. So little point in asking him any questions as he will be unable to reply.

{posted with FoRC's permission).

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
How do you know this? Most don't post under their real name on here.
For christs sake! Can we stick to the topic, or is every morris dancer in the south west of england going to be chiming in?

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
The poll is closed, the question is resoundingly answered. Of 120 exewebbers, 85% voted that Mr. Conway has been treated fairly and should not have received a yellow card for his offence.

That being done, this Fred is now closed!

KABOOM!

Status
Not open for further replies.