• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Should he stay or should he go?

Would you like to see Alex Inglethorpe stay as manager of Exeter City?

• Stay

Votes: 137 68.5%
  • Go

Votes: 63 31.5%

• Total voters
D

Dr Da

I haven't voted, 'because I'm kinda undecided either way.

The reason for this is because, if he goes, then I /really/ think we need someone experienced to come in. But I can't see see anybody who is already "their own man" wishing to work under Perryman 24/7.

So, IF AI goes, it means we may (IMHO) end up with another newbie manager learning his trade, and willing to work with Perryman. I fear this means another 2-3 years in the conf' at least.

And no, I really don't want Perryman as the manager. For me, that'd be suicide.

So, in a, caught between the devil and the deep blue sea, kind of way, it may be best, for the next season at least, to stick with AI. (Hope he sticks with us I guess that should read)

Does that make any sense? Probably not! :S

Last edited:

Juggling Monkey

Administrator
What does Perryman do then?

Either he tells AI what to do, in which case if you're in the 80% supporting AI then you're happy with either Perryman taking over or someone coming in and doing what Perryman tells them.

Or he doesn't tell AI what to do, in which case what odds does it make?

Why do people think Perryman pulls strings, calls shots etc? Why aren't we willing to believe that he really does just come along and give the benefit of his experience, contacts or whatever for free? I'm genuinely interested to know...

Oh, and AI has not made a decision yet that we as fans know of.

information_ministry

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm convinced he's going now. That's why we have not made any signings, so the new man can get his own players in. I reckon AI has known for some time, and I even think those in charge (whoever they are now?) also know what is happening. But I also think we will be champions next season!!!

i_m

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't think Perryman "tells AI what to do." I think that the idea of him being there is as a sounding board and a source of knowledge and experience. I beleive he helps out with taking training sessions, gives AI advice, gives individual players advice etc etc. Assuming he and AI have a good working relationship, I think Perryman would be able to make decisions etc. without "going over AI's head"

If Perryman does "tell AI what to do", then why? Why wouldn't the club just employ him as manager? What does this subderfuge? achieve? People with conspiracy theories should think about them more carefully!

Perryman could easily have got the managers job if he wanted it, so why would he want to not have it, but tell the manager exactly what to do?

Red Box

I have wanted Inglethorpe to go for over half a season. He realises his days are numbered here and he can't take the pressure of criticism.

The day I heard for a fact he was ringing people up from the crowd in the Doble Stand was a reflection of this manager.

No bottle as a manager to succeed in this harsh enviroment.

Now then, where's the white feathers?

MK Don's - what a fecking joke!

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
Red Box said:
I have wanted Inglethorpe to go for over half a season.
Thing is though RB, we need stability. We have had 7 managers in the last 10 years, with Foxy lasting the longest. I personally will be gutted if Alex goes, as it may undo all the hard work that has been done to try and make this football club successful. If AI goes, who would be good enough to replace him? And before you say it, NOT Stevie P, for the love of God!........

Red Box

sumner7 said:
Thing is though RB, we need stability.
Stability doesn't go hand in hand with Exeter City I'm afraid. It's been a ruddy circus for the last 20 years !

Managers are leaving us, not so much us getting rid of them - look at Dolan.

P

purplefluid

information_ministry said:
But I also think we will be champions next season!!!
still got those rose tinted specs on then huh? :)

D

dobleman

Alex will leave tomorrow, i am sure of that.He will luckily leave with the Man U legacy, and be remembered for that{sorry Hux}.If Oldham had come out of the bag, he will be remembered for the lowest position in the clubs history,and some pretty awful hoof football for most of last season.What you really should do Alex is to stay,prove yourself,and then get a far better job than the post you will say "yes" to tomorrow.You have, in my opinion suprisingly, most of the fans on your side - you owe them something,but if you do go, i hope to god our next manager will make a side that plays attractive football,which we saw occasional glimpses of last season.I believe we have the players to do this, so i really couldn't bloody well care less whether you go or stay.There, I feel better now.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
dobleman said:
Alex will leave tomorrow, i am sure of that.He will luckily leave with the Man U legacy, and be remembered for that{sorry Hux}.If Oldham had come out of the bag, he will be remembered for the lowest position in the clubs history,and some pretty awful hoof football for most of last season.What you really should do Alex is to stay,prove yourself,and then get a far better job than the post you will say "yes" to tomorrow.You have, in my opinion suprisingly, most of the fans on your side - you owe them something,but if you do go, i hope to god our next manager will make a side that plays attractive football,which we saw occasional glimpses of last season.I believe we have the players to do this, so i really couldn't bloody well care less whether you go or stay.There, I feel better now.
I think that sums up how I feel, too. Let's face it, MK Dons is hardly a step-up is it?!! We could be above them by this time next year if he does the business here - surely there is more job satisfaction (as well as looking better on his CV) in taking Exeter City back into the league, than going down with the most plastic club there is - a club that doesn't deserve it's FL place.