• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Should Argyle go bust...

city_is_my_life

...would we put back in the frame for sneaking a play-off place?

If Argyle are put out of business, would all the points won against them be deducted? If so the table would look a bit better for us! The gap to play-offs would be reduced by five points to a seven point gap. It would also make it very, very tight for those at the bottom.

Brighton 65pts
Southampton 61pts
-------------------------------------------------
MK Dons 61pts
Huddersfield 60pts
Peterborough 59pts
Bournemouth 56pts
Leyton Orient 53pts
EXETER CITY 49pts
Carlisle 47pts
Colchester 47pts
Rochdale 44pts
Charlton 44pts
Hartlepool 44 pts
Sheffield Weds 43pts
Oldham 40pts
Brentford 40pts
Notts County 38pts
Dag & Red 36pts
Yeovil 34pts
Tranmere 33pts
Swindon 33pts
Walsall 33pts
Bristol Rovers 33pts
ARGYLE 0pts

The biggest losers (other than Argyle obviously) would be Brighton, Bournemouth, Hartlepool, Tranmere, Brentford and Oldham who have all beaten Argyle twice.

CIML

Last edited:

t.a.f.k.a.g.g.

DON'T MENTION THE P WORD! No not Plymouth the other P word... When will people learn as soon as we mention this word, it all goes to ****

dommers

When will people learn as soon as we mention this word, it all goes to ****
It actually makes no difference and I'd rather be looking upwards than saying we must keeping so as not to be drawn into a relegation battle which is the alternative.

Liam McNamara

scary stuff indeed! tho i wouldnt want to see the scum go bust!! just strugle :)

ecfc01

If the Scum went bust it I would indeed be very happy.

the playoffs will never be a possibility but it would make my season if plymouth disintegrated.

Liam McNamara

anyone know what time its all supposed to kick off?

DON'T MENTION THE P WORD! No not Plymouth the other P word... When will people learn as soon as we mention this word, it all goes to ****
Too late! According to the Times this morning Matty Taylor mentioned the P word on Saturday after the game.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
If the Scum went bust it I would indeed be very happy.

the playoffs will never be a possibility but it would make my season if plymouth disintegrated.
well obviously its a possibility even without plymouth going bust so if reduced to 7 points it would make the possibility greater.

agree we will probably not make them but no harm in still trying to win every game.

Having said that think someone will take them over, hoping that they either take time to get out of admin or don't meet all football league criteria so that they start next season with a further deduction whether they are in L1 or L2.

crocks

The next 5 games - Yeovil - H, Colchester - A, Swindon - H, Daggers - H, BR - A are all very winnable......

Pete Martin (CTID)

The next 5 games - Yeovil - H, Colchester - A, Swindon - H, Daggers - H, BR - A are all very winnable......
As were Brentford (twice), Hartlepool and Tranmere... ;)