• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sheffield united

ECFC-SHAWN

How many grecians do we reckon will be making the trip to the red side of sheffield? More then we took to hillsborough? Hopefully alot seeing it is a first for us and is an ex premier league ground.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
How many grecians do we reckon will be making the trip to the red side of sheffield? More then we took to hillsborough? Hopefully alot seeing it is a first for us and is an ex premier league ground.
Therein lies a good question: Have we ever played Sheffield United in the League or Cup before?

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Therein lies a good question: Have we ever played Sheffield United in the League or Cup before?
Yes im pretty certain we have

ECFC traveller

I believe we have, not in my life time though, but my relatives seem to think so.

I reckon we will bring about 600 to united. New ground, still not doing the best, fair drive but quite easy to get too.

Jam Doughnut

I think sheff utd used to be in the lower leagues for a while in their distant past ,so we must have met.

ECFC-SHAWN

Does anybody know our away support for each away game so far this season?? Bet it is down on the average from last season.

ECFC traveller

Does anybody know our away support for each away game so far this season?? Bet it is down on the average from last season.

Last season we were averaging 603 I believe it was (and Argyle averaged 602)

We can't be in the 400's though so far.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I believe we have, not in my life time though, but my relatives seem to think so.
I know we've played Sheffield Wednesday in the League, when Jack Charlton was manager, and in that famous league cup victory in the League Cup in the 68-69 season. (what a game!) Not sure about United though. I'll have to check the 'Bible'.

ECFC traveller

I know we've played Sheffield Wednesday in the League, when Jack Charlton was manager, and in that famous league cup victory in the League Cup in the 68-69 season. (what a game!) Not sure about United though. I'll have to check the 'Bible'.

yeah do so, will interest me but I do believe we have played them in our distant history.....all up for being proved wrong though, will make saturdays clash even more entertaining! :)

Stu86

i'm gwain, looking forward to it!