• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sheffield United Vs Exeter City Official Matchday Thread

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
By my reckoning, our last three games in Sheffield have seen us win promotion, beat Sheffield Wednesday, with a cameo from Tis, and draw 4-4 with the Blades!

bigtrees

Fantastic result and performance (listening on Grecian Player), to score 4 at Sheffield Utd is pretty rare for any team, especially one which has only just learnt to score away from home. Nice to see 3 new scorers for the season.

On to 3 winnable games in November in the league, Home to Carlisle and Tranmere and away to yeovil. Onwards and upwards.

SEIGE !!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
By my reckoning, our last three games in Sheffield have seen us win promotion, beat Sheffield Wednesday, with a cameo from Tis, and draw 4-4 with the Blades!
Apart from losing 3-0 at Hillsborough in September...

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Apart from losing 3-0 at Hillsborough in September...
Good point. Well made. I'd managed to erase that one from my memory.

Still, on balance, not a bad place to go if you want some entertainment!

Majago

I believe the referee spoke to Golbs based on the fact that 17,000 odd United fans DID see what happened.
I was posting from the game and had a pretty good view. The ref definitely looked over before waving a play on. I think he saw golbs but as he missed the incident that kicked it off he seemed to decide a word was enough.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
At Sheffield station...

That was amazing, we never stopped believing, incredible support again.

Siiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeggggggeeeee

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fantastic point. Can't believe we've scored 6 away in a week.
Well played City & bring on Carlisle

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great to see us hit back twice for a point after going behind twenty minutes from time. Well done bauys! [y][ecfc]

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
7 points from 9, 4 of them away, 9 goals scored, 6 of them away.

Amazing what a bit of confidence can do.

Last edited:

Majago

Quick summary on the phone.

Thought City played ok first half and worked hard. From my view thought it was poor defending for their 3rd and 4th goals although Artur pulled off a number of excellent saves. Our 4th goal was good work from dunney but comedy defending from them. Big credit to Noble who I thought was excellent - played well and real captain's performance. Him and Coles were the ones encouraging when we went 3-2 down. Superb spirit shown to twice come back in the final 10 mins. If Tully had fired one across the box in stoppage time instead of playing it back we might even have nicked all 3 points.

I thought our best football was played when we went behind. Didn't really play the crisp passing game before then.

Very happy though, pleasing result. Also massive shout to the rest of the City fans, good turn out and very loud!

Last edited: