• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sheffield United Vs Exeter City Official Matchday Thread

The way they celebrated the fourth was simply pathetic. Running to the John Street and going mental in front of disabled United fans was bad taste. The goalscorer trying to wind up and intimidate people in wheelchairs was outrageous. Again he escaped unpunished.
James Dunne in acting like a tw*t shocker.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
James Dunne in acting like a tw*t shocker.
Soft Northerners. City would make Mother Theresa look cynical in comparison

Grecian_Jay

Reading the SU forum it appears that their fans think we are a very dirty side. I wasn't at the game on sat but were we really that bad or is this sour grapes? see below for a comment made by one of their posters. Surely none of our players would deliberately upset disabled supporters after scoring?

Many other posters on the forum also comment about how cynical and dirty we are.

------------------------------------------------------------
Exeter

I have real mixed feelings about Exeter. I respect the way that they did not lay down, battled hard, closed down and pressed us, made us work for our goals and showed some real fighting spirit. However they were a dirty, cynical side. They should have had 3 men sent off and the way that they kicked us, roughed us up and got aggressive/dirty was sickening. They also went out of their way to wind the up home fans in a gross act of cynicism. They were allowed to do this by the referee, but for me it took the shine off what was a real battling performance.

There was the head butt, an incident in the first half were one of their players raised his hands and pushed a United player and also the clean through on Evans that all could (and probably should) have warranted red cards. They were fortunate in that sense. But they worked hard and were good for their point. They’ll stay in this division. What they lack in quality they make up for in spirit and hard work. Another thing that really ****** me off was the way they celebrated their goals. Running down and celebrating in front of the kop is out of order. That nobhead who scored their third deserves a whack for that. He could have caused a riot and was lucky not to get carded for that. The way they celebrated the fourth was simply pathetic. Running to the John Street and going mental in front of disabled United fans was bad taste. The goalscorer trying to wind up and intimidate people in wheelchairs was outrageous. Again he escaped unpunished.
Music to my ears (or eyes maybe) this is. For years we have come unstuck against the 'bully-boy teams', and now we are giving some back.

If they think we're cynical can't wait til they take a trip to Prenton Park (if they haven't already).

And Reference Dunne, I doubt he looked around the ground searching for disabled fans to mock. Get over it.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
And Reference Dunne, I doubt he looked around the ground searching for disabled fans to mock. Get over it.
Indeed - at the end of a topsy-turvey game you have just scored a rare goal to make it 4-4 - I suspect what goes through your mind is "F***ing hell, I've scored!" and you rush off to celebrate, rather than "Ha, I've scored, now let's go and abuse those disabled people over there".

It's hardly BWP when he celebrated (rightly) in front of us, then decided to come back for more (which was beyond the pale).

StroudGrecian

Indeed - at the end of a topsy-turvey game you have just scored a rare goal to make it 4-4 - I suspect what goes through your mind is "F***ing hell, I've scored!" and you rush off to celebrate, rather than "Ha, I've scored, now let's go and abuse those disabled people over there".
Exactly. He's moaning that Offline celebrated in front of their 'kop', and then moaning that Dunne didn't. I guess they just weren't expecting us to be celebrating any.

I still can't believe that Golbourne didn't get sent off for the headbutt, but the other claims were never reds and rest of the time we simply stood up for ourselves.

Hardly cynical, just one hot-head reaction.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
so we cant count you in that number even though you expected more
Thanks for your input, would have loved to be there but as the wife is due to give birth within next few weeks i hope you will forgive me for not making the short 500+ mile round trip.

Having taken 418 to walsall and with sheff utd being a big new ground for most was the reason why i thought we would take more, not that 400 to 500 would be a sh*t support. The radio comms always seem to under estimate and this again appears to be the case as 630 was apparently the travelling number.

andrew p long

And Football Focus made a song and dance about Middlesboro taking 1500 all the way to a game in London.

Grecian1966

630! Official...
Seemed and felt and sounded like more than 630 tbh. However, you get the better idea looking toward the stand I guess. having said that I fully expected the total gate to be nearer to 22,000 with kids prices slashed at half term? They must have been disappointed with a gate that was below their average.

Willy Nilly

It's quire usual to read people on here saying they're going to skip x, y, and z games. Well, news flash people, Exeter City are not a team that are going to draw a big crowd anywhere other than Gnome Park and then only if we've not played them for 10 years!

Grecian2K

Is that the same "nice, cuddly Sheffield United" whose so called fans were threatening and gobbing at the City fans after the match?