• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sheff Wed Fans Reaction....

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
but it did start to get a bit irritating reading 'chuffing' and 'fooking' two or three times per sentence.
:D Bit like talking to Shabba really.

Poultice

Milk or plain old League, Shirley.

Beastie

Hard to explain the feeling of taking your kid to the football isn't it ?

Especially a girl.

Never quite worked out what my youngest sees in it, hard work day out with her ageing father and a variety of drunken acquaintances and mates, freezing to f*cking death at Northwich, battered and pathetic at Burton, losing all chance of making the play offs at Salisbury, with the oh so rare look on her face at Old Trafford as time counted down to the salvation of the club.

Word of warning though, second born is now 24, she is what is known as something in the City, still managed to pay for a ticket or a beer despite leaving her old man way behind in the earnings stakes.

Great post Beastie, I will nip off for a Ramble in a bit, good luck to you and yours for the rest of the season, I was arguing the t*ss with some plastic Prem fan on saturday about who would be the Top 20 teams to play in a no promotion or relegation Top Top League, tw*t thought Chelsea would get in before Wednesday, unbelievable innit ?
My Young Un is 24 as well mate and I like to think I've brought her up right with regards to footy. Apart from the Premier League, she still watches that whereas I can't be doing with it...oh and her partner and father of my grandchild is a Dingle (Barnsley fan) which I couldn't really do owt about.

She gets the same kick as I do though going to different grounds and she loves natterin to other fans which was my point in my first post. We're not all like those that have commented on Owlstalk. You'll always get fans who think their club should be somewhere higher and don't like playing in the lower leagues. All clubs have fans like that, fine, each to their own, but as we've found on our travels, there's a lot more right folk about than wrong uns.

You've got it taped with your young un though, mine still doesn't pay for her tickets, that's still down to muggins here

Beastie

Were you lucky enough to use the away end toilets? +o(
:)

I did indeed.

Folk kept saying to me, have you used the toilets yet?

I knew they'd be something special with that sort of talk going on...I took a photo...loved em.

They aren't a patch on the toilets at Layer Road though....I miss them ;)

Beastie

Really enjoyed reading that - it's funny how it's more often than not that it's the footy that spoils a cracking day out - however, and it's probably just my soft southern shandiness coming through, but it did start to get a bit irritating reading 'chuffing' and 'fooking' two or three times per sentence.

Great story though, and glad you got home safely in the end.
It's fair comment mate but that's just me, I tend to swear a lot in real life and that's my way of toning it down.

Poultice

You've got it taped with your young un though, mine still doesn't pay for her tickets, that's still down to muggins here
Nah, dodgy key stroke there mate, never seen her put her hand in her pocket for owt, arrived at the turnstiles at Dagenham on a promise then feigned surprise when they didn't take plastic.

The more I read your stuff the more I think we may be twins, separated at birth, are you a good looking fellow and hung like a horse ?

Makes me cry when the suits go on on about 365 day income from new football grounds like Chesterfield, while the bulldozers are consigning the heart and the history of their club to the tip, Saltergate was like entering a cathedral.

Dingle eh ? Could be worse, my eldest is married to a Chelsea 'fan', think yours would have to be paired up with a Blade to match that.

Grecian2K

I did indeed.

Folk kept saying to me, have you used the toilets yet?

I knew they'd be something special with that sort of talk going on...I took a photo...loved em.

They aren't a patch on the toilets at Layer Road though....I miss them ;)
No wonder the stewards got a bit funny, mate? ;)

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
The more I read your stuff the more I think we may be twins, separated at birth, are you a good looking fellow and hung like a horse ?
Swap the above for "morbidly obese" with a "suit fetish" Beastie...

:D

Beastie

Nah, dodgy key stroke there mate, never seen her put her hand in her pocket for owt, arrived at the turnstiles at Dagenham on a promise then feigned surprise when they didn't take plastic.

Makes me cry when the suits go on on about 365 day income from new football grounds like Chesterfield, while the bulldozers are consigning the heart and the history of their club to the tip, Saltergate was like entering a cathedral.

Dingle eh ? Could be worse, my eldest is married to a Chelsea 'fan', think yours would have to be paired up with a Blade to match that.

I'd have drawn the line at Blade...there's limits for us all

Good looking and hung like a horse?

Hmmm...in the toilet at your ground someone did look over and say 'Oh, that looks like a penis only smaller'

I do have good hair though

Beastie

Swap the above for "morbidly obese" with a "suit fetish" Beastie...

:D
Hmm...Maybe we are twins then