• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Setting ourselves up for a fall??

Chalicefc3

Come play with us Danny, forever and ever and ever
First off, I want to see Exeter play League 1 football next season and with the season that we have had, we definitely qualify as solid applicants.
But in terms of what Tis has been saying in the E&E recently, with the current league points standing - positions flip every game and no one should rest on their position.
As others have eluded to, all we have to do really is match the outcomes of teams below us (bar Wycombe) as they could leap us with game in hand.

I am just starting to worry now that this feelgood factor that's floating around is starting to morph from being a fantastic bonus/dream to a point of how we're going to shape our team/ground in time for League 1 this August.
Great to wish and I have my fingers crossed, just don't want to see fans reaching for the medication if it does a "U-ey" in the next few weeks.
As with everything, prepare for the minimal outcome first and then anything else is a bonus on top!
Good Luck the Grecians over the next 3 matches - whatever the outcome, my seat in the Cowshed will still be mine next season!

Last edited:

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
You've got to have dreams[ecfc]

Mackster

Where's all the anxiety gone?

Feels like we've won promotion and its close season on exeweb already. All we've done is qualify for the play-offs and I would say we are still outsiders for auto promotion with 2 away & 1 home game to play. OK qualifying for the play-offs with 3 games to go is pretty amazing and something we could never do in the Conference, but there is a surreal feel about the place at the moment.

Dropped points at Lincoln and 4th place Saturday night and the place will be back to normal.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think that a lot of people are getting carried away, not least because a play off place has seemingly been directly related to a trip to Wembley. My feet are well on the ground and for the moment I am going on the belief that we will still be L1 next season :(

Ellisthegreek

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well, its in our own hands now. Every player has been fantastic and had their own role to play in what i can only describe as a fantastic season - whatever happens - its been a great 12 months.
Up the City!

Chalicefc3

Come play with us Danny, forever and ever and ever
I think that a lot of people are getting carried away, not least because a play off place has seemingly been directly related to a trip to Wembley. My feet are well on the ground and for the moment I am going on the belief that we will still be L1 next season :(
assuming a typo of League 2 there!

Last edited:

t.a.f.k.a.g.g.

So easy to get carried away, you're right. I did say a few weeks back that even if we finished 8th I'd be happy (as it far exceeded my expectations for the season). Now we can only finish higher than that I'm ecstatic.

But still 3 games to play. Let's cheer them on and give them every chance. If we're still in League Two next year so be it, we can push on and win it! ;)

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
assuming a typo of League 2 there!
Oops :$ Seem to be a lot of typos from me at the minute, I even just spotted an old post where I put their instead of they're which is a terrible shame to bring on the family :D

ECFC TOM

I still don't think we're going to go up. By the looks of the teams that could be going down from League 1, next season could be a little easier.

I'll still have some belief whilst it's possible, but if we are to go up it will be in the auto's not the play-offs IMO.

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
TBH, looking at the games we have left, our away form, and the games Bury & Wycombe have left, I really can't see anything other than the play offs for us.

IF we win at Lincoln, and Bury maybe drop points to Macc at Gigg, then I may start to change my mind