• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Set pieces

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Wasn't actually that good a corner - was just shockingly defended leading to Sir Rob nodding home!
Looks good enough to me:-
http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee189/ecfc1960/?action=view&current=P5180032.flv

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Some people missed the fact that the ball was flicked on by Matt Taylor for our historic goal. It was a good corner!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The defending was still poor though - I mean, letting the ball bounce in the 6 yard box is heresy!

TimG

While i agree with all that has been said about our attacking set peices, they have been sh*t recently, I think it does need to be mentioned how well we have been defending them especially against bury i can not count how many corners they had there were so many and we were able to deal with them exeptionally well

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
What was our set piece/corner quality like at Gillingham yesterday.... listening on the radio it didn't sound that great again?

What was our set piece/corner quality like at Gillingham yesterday.... listening on the radio it didn't sound that great again?
Obersteller took a couple of half decent corners and once taylor and macca were on we began to do a few long throws and corners that looked dangerous.

surf123

Seem to remember that Seaborne has got his head on 2 corners recently. I cleared off the line at Daggers and one on saturday which went over both woth either Harley or Obsteller taking them .

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Certainly there has been improvement over the past couple of games - although they could hardly get much worse.

Wasn't the effort where Saunders hit the bar from a free kick?

Old_Grandstanders

Seem to remember that Seaborne has got his head on 2 corners recently. I cleared off the line at Daggers and one on saturday which went over both woth either Harley or Obsteller taking them .
Also had a header that went straight to the keeper in the Bury match.