• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Season Tickets 2024/25

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
If its such boring football, why are we getting such big crowds? A bit of an enigma.
Well, there's a lot of obvious reasons. With such little entertainment and goals at home, I think even the ardent Caldwell superfans would concede people aren't clamouring specifically to see this guy's famous style

- Season tickets were bought with just over half a season of GC football played. Last year with a "mixed" MT + GC side (inc Stanno) we looked more fun in general IMO. We all ended the season optimistic.
- Post Covid football gates are on an upward curve, with many clubs seeing a big bounce in attendances - whether this continues, remains to be seen
- League One football traditionally gets more people through the gate, Promotion was only 2 years ago and we likely gained followers through that great season
- Larger away attendances from bigger teams
- Benefitting from the stadium upgrades - we only got to use the new stands for a short period before stadium closures; having a roof, a fun terrace to stand on is a good pull for away fans. Home fans get much better facilities than ever before at SJP with the Stanno stand

The negative side is we have had a situation where ST holders aren't turning up fully to games on multiple occasions - as mentioned by Jon on MNF. Will these people renew?

I suspect we will see a small but noticeable fall in ST sales this summer as a direct result of the many poor games witnessed at home

Work to be done in the summer to bring in players and work on a style that can keep our gates at a level that retains our competitiveness at this level

I do think we have potential with what now is a tidy ground to build our core base. I was at Swindon on Friday and it's falling to bits there. We have a really nice set up at SJP, if limited.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well, there's a lot of obvious reasons. With such little entertainment and goals at home, I think even the ardent Caldwell superfans would concede people aren't clamouring specifically to see this guy's famous style

- Season tickets were bought with just over half a season of GC football played. Last year with a "mixed" MT + GC side (inc Stanno) we looked more fun in general IMO. We all ended the season optimistic.
- Post Covid football gates are on an upward curve, with many clubs seeing a big bounce in attendances - whether this continues, remains to be seen
- League One football traditionally gets more people through the gate, Promotion was only 2 years ago and we likely gained followers through that great season
- Benefitting from the stadium upgrades - we only got to use the new stands for a short period before stadium closures; having a roof, a fun terrace to stand on is a good pull for away fans. Home fans get much better facilities than ever before at SJP with the Stanno stand

The negative side is we have had a situation where ST holders aren't turning up fully to games on multiple occasions - as mentioned by Jon on MNF. Will these people renew?

I suspect we will see a small but noticeable fall in ST sales this summer as a direct result of the many poor games witnessed at home

Work to be done in the summer to bring in players and work on a style that can keep our gates at a level that retains our competitiveness at this level

I do think we have potential with what now is a tidy ground to build our core base. I was at Swindon on Friday and it's falling to bits there. We have a really nice set up at SJP, if limited.
The world has changed. It's a day out for many. Attractive football is a bonus, not the deciding factor.

More women and kids too.

iscalad

Well, I'll renew next week. It will be interesting if we sell as many or more than this season.

denzel

Was with a friend at the match the other day who was there with his son. He said he's going to far more games now because the facilities are so much better and it's a good day out. And that you now need to book earlier to get a good seat
I actually think we might match or beat last seasons sales because people see the benefit of being able to choose your seat, coupled with the price difference between STs and single tickets.

Grecian Max

And that you now need to book earlier to get a good seat
This is a big factor too, having to secure your seat

Might be where the bigger stadium argument falls down a bit

JGrecian23

This is a big factor too, having to secure your seat

Might be where the bigger stadium argument falls down a bit
The club are pretty good at the old FOMO. Lots of posts saying only a few tickets left in the lead up to games.

One thing that is interesting is that on Facebook etc there are always loads of posts offering tickets for the games, could this be ST holders who can't be bothered to watch Tom Carroll pass the ball 5 yards sideways for 90 mins? Few empty seats on Friday for the sell out I noticed.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Also, while as we are told every day, lots of people are not financially flush (and before anyone piles in, I'm not belittling those for whom this is the case), many more people esp those with good pensions like me and those with public sector jobs, are not especially concerned about ticket prices or laying out £4-500 in advance. And I imagine many of the former stand on the BB and pick their games. So it's a complicated picture.

I suspect as mentioned above securing your seat and FOMO will lead to strong ST sales.

Spoonz Red E

Also, while as we are told every day, lots of people are not financially flush (and before anyone piles in, I'm not belittling those for whom this is the case), many more people esp those with good pensions like me and those with public sector jobs, are not especially concerned about ticket prices or laying out £4-500 in advance. And I imagine many of the former stand on the BB and pick their games. So it's a complicated picture.

I suspect as mentioned above securing your seat and FOMO will lead to strong ST sales.
As will the chance to buy at early bird price in instalments.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Most OAPs I know can afford to pay a lot more for tickets, more money than the rest of us but pay the least...🎣
Was about to write something similar. Oldies have generally paid off mortgages, kids have left home, and they lived in a time when saving money was a real thing and a lot more possible than today, yet they get the discount. Makes no sense to me.

JGrecian23

Was about to write something similar. Oldies have generally paid off mortgages, kids have left home, and they lived in a time when saving money was a real thing and a lot more possible than today, yet they get the discount. Makes no sense to me.
Coz they fought for your freedom. Show some appreciation!