• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Season Tickets 2024/25

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
What's that got to do with it?
We all ready pay to be a Trust Member

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I suppose its the Trust's fault we don't get 20,000 fans for home games.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Every year I get really frustrated at some people moaning about the cost of tickets/season tickets.

This year we seem to be homing in on Huddersfield's pricing. Usually it's Bradford City (whose pricing has been ridiculously low for more years than I can remember)

If you think our pricing is OTT, then don't bloody purchase. It really is that simple. Or go up to Shandy Park - it's dirt cheap up there.

denzel

Every year I get really frustrated at some people moaning about the cost of tickets/season tickets.

This year we seem to be homing in on Huddersfield's pricing. Usually it's Bradford City (whose pricing has been ridiculously low for more years than I can remember)

If you think our pricing is OTT, then don't bloody purchase. It really is that simple. Or go up to Shandy Park - it's dirt cheap up there.
Are you new here?

Fareham Grecian

Aren't we supposed to be fan owned ?
We are fan owned. That means it is even more vital for us to strike a balance between not ripping fans off, and not running an unsustainable business.

it feels to me that we get the balance pretty much right. Not sure how paying £2 a month makes you think season tickets should be cheaper?

Mid Devon Grecian

Agreed, this is a rare point I agree with Sturtz on. As a fan owned club it may seem counterintuitive but I think we should be paying more. If other clubs have owners who can subsidise ticket prices that’s their prerogative I suppose.

We don’t have the luxury of subsidising, we also have a limited capacity so why would you subsidise?

When Huddersfield were in Lg1 they were regularly averaging 12-13k and since in championship it’s more like 15-16k.

We’ve got a long way to go to trade without a deficit. I’d be happy to pay more knowing it’s part of our independent fan owned model.

Renewed my season ticket. Still thinking about getting one for Huddersfield Town - I can't resist a bargain.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Agreed, this is a rare point I agree with Sturtz on. As a fan owned club it may seem counterintuitive but I think we should be paying more. If other clubs have owners who can subsidise ticket prices that’s their prerogative I suppose.

We don’t have the luxury of subsidising, we also have a limited capacity so why would you subsidise?

When Huddersfield were in Lg1 they were regularly averaging 12-13k and since in championship it’s more like 15-16k.

We’ve got a long way to go to trade without a deficit. I’d be happy to pay more knowing it’s part of our independent fan owned model.
Exactly so.

Boyo

I think it’s less about owners subsidising tickets, and more about clubs setting prices to maximise income (and a lesser extent fill grounds).
With our limited capacity and near full houses for lots of games, then prices are inevitably going to be higher than some. Huddersfield in contrast have a larger stadium and hence charge lower prices to get bums on seats, but also people in the stadium spending on food, beer and merch.

For what it’s worth, I think ECFC have got it just about right, but it’s also at the top end of affordability for some, and “value” for others. Cut me and I bleed red and white, but £1,000 for mine, the Mrs’ and the boy’s ST is a big chunk of change.

Last edited:

cannockred

As far as I know, shell shareholders don't get a discount at the pumps 🤔