• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Season tickets 2020/21 (and refunds for 2019/20)

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Everyone will of course make their own mind up about this. Some will not want to commit several hundred pounds in current circumstances. I imagine we all understand and sympathise with that.

However as interest rates are effectively close to zero and if like me you have the money it is sensible to buy your ST for the reasons Martin and Nick Hawker describe.

If there is no football next season you will presumably get a refund. But personally I think it highly unlikely that there will not be footy. Though the EFL may be smaller as I fear several clubs who are owned by capricious individuals and / or do not have some cash in the bank like ECFC are not going to be around come August. Maybe including some big names.

rp42

Everyone will of course make their own mind up about this. Some will not want to commit several hundred pounds in current circumstances. I imagine we all understand and sympathise with that.

However as interest rates are effectively close to zero and if like me you have the money it is sensible to buy your ST for the reasons Martin and Nick Hawker describe.

If there is no football next season you will presumably get a refund. But personally I think it highly unlikely that there will not be footy. Though the EFL may be smaller as I fear several clubs who are owned by capricious individuals and / or do not have some cash in the bank like ECFC are not going to be around come August. Maybe including some big names.
So if we have some cash in the bank why are we asking? With a climate that we don't have no control on then surely we can wait a while?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
So if we have some cash in the bank why are we asking? With a climate that we don't have no control on then surely we can wait a while?
The cash in the bank is committed so is effectively already spent. Offsetting this now will enable us to keep the juggernaut at bay for a little while longer.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Difficult one. No harm in asking as those who can afford it can pay for next season. I'm still wondering if I'll get a rebate on this season, presuming the games aren't finished. Also will my seat be held if I don't commit.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
I see nothing wrong in offering season tickets at the early bird price now which will allow the greatest savings for those who want one.
It doesn't mean that those who don't have the money to hand will miss out.

Usually the season tickets are sold over about 5 months (March to August).
Within that time there's an early bird saver period, an offer to provide for monthly payments and a deadline for reclaiming an existing seat.

Deadline dates, saver periods and payment arrangements should be set sensibly to allow for the current situation once next season's dates are known.

To not be selling now could mean there is less time than is usual to sell once the next round of fixtures is agreed upon.
That would give less option for monthly payments and shorter time scales for savings and retention of current seats.

IndoMike

How can the club expect us to purchase season tickets for 20/21 when we have not completed this season and with many out of work and what is going on is in poor taste in my opinion.
We have to wait and see what happens.
Looks like City is not going to do an FGR and ask for a Govt subsidy. You'd think the FA and the League would step in, but I haven't heard any news yet.

Last edited:

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
How can the club expect us to purchase season tickets for 20/21 when we have not completed this season and with many out of work and what is going on is in poor taste in my opinion.
Mixed feelings about this. I recognise the Club needs the financial boost to its bank account from season ticket sales but feel that given the unprecedented and scary times we are living in they are being a bit premature in sending out their letters now.

As we know there is only one thing certain in life but we are all being faced with challenging situations. People and that includes City supporters, are losing their jobs with no certainty that the firms currently employing them will still be in business when we come through to restart normal life.

In the meantime due to the knock on effects of this virus the cost of living and supporting a family will inevitably increase and the average man is probably going to need all his disposable income just to keep his head above water and a season ticket for ECFC is unlikely to be at the top of his priorities.

None of us know where we will all be in six months time, what we might be facing and how much cash reserves we might need to have available to deal with what further unexpected challenges we might have to face.

If as seems certain the letters will be sent I hope the powers that be will take into account these factors and if nothing else extend the early bird period to allow hopefully for things to become more settled so that supporters will then be in a better position to decide whether they can set aside the necessary monies to buy their tickets.

IndoMike

I suppose there is no harm in sending out a letter if it is sufficiently sensitive to our current situation, since nobody is obliged to. Immediately purchase the season ticket.
Whilst many supporters will not be keen on shelling out hundreds of quid right now considering the uncertainties that SB highlighted above, there will also be supporters who have sufficient funds to buy the ticket without any great expectations of using it in the near future, thus putting funds into the club's bank account

Legohead

Banned
Maybe a suitable monthly payment plan would encourage more people to purchase and make it easier for them.

I only get to a handful of games a season so don't need a season ticket but if I could pay monthly then I'd get one to help out most definitely.

No way could I pay the cash up front though.

I guess it's a question of does the club want to do all it can to make it as easy as possible for fans to purchase season tickets.

DB9

At least we're not like Mr Scumbag Sports Direct