• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Season Ticket Prices for 2014/15

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
How are you a glory hunter when you buy a season ticket? How many away games do you need priority for? Not many.
Glory hunter as doing 1 away game a season, just because it's a biggy.

Bittners a Legend

It's pretty obvious that Season Ticket holders should get priority full stop. I'm making no judgement on who is a "better" fan but the reality is that it is the Season Ticket holder who commits money to the club for every (home) game at the start of the season no matter what.

One thing the Club could look to do...and I have no idea how feasible it would be (in fact maybe we already do it?)...is to allow fans to buy tickets for away games in advance online and then allow priority to supporters for away games on the basis of how many they have attended according to that online database. I imagine it is problematic because presumably any commission we get on selling away tickets would be lost to ticketzone doing it that way. Again the Club could probably introduce an away season ticket assuming that all Clubs in the League sell advance tickets but it would presumably be worth next to nothing financially and take resources away from other areas.

I commend the City travelling faithful (and used to be a regular myself) but there is no obvious and easy way to provide priority in my opinion. Perhaps as another idea the Club could create a "Travelling Fan Club"....charge £20 for membership and then provide priority to anybody in that Club? They probably wouldn't do it due to the misguided obsession with Trust membership equating to priority...which in my opinion is hugely outmoded now. Back in 2005 I could understand it much more...those who were part of the Trust then (certainly in my case) probably didn't do so to gain priority...whereas now it is surely a strong motivation for those that remain in it.

Last edited:

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's pretty obvious that Season Ticket holders should get priority full stop.

I commend the City travelling faithful (and used to be a regular myself) but there is no obvious and easy way to provide priority in my opinion. Perhaps as another idea the Club could create a "Travelling Fan Club"....charge £20 for membership and then provide priority to anybody in that Club?
A good idea(Portsmouth have a similar scheme)but in reality how many Grecian away games in the past decade has demand out stripped supply...Not too many(if any?)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
As I said I can't do a like-for-like on Supersavers et al as I don't have last year's prices. One can only assume that the increases/decreases are roughly proportional to the full prices.
Found a link to the previous year's (2012/13) ticket prices. http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/article/season-tickets-30347.aspx?pageView=full#anchored

Silver fox

Thanks Hants, £4 increase for me and the lad, can live with that as long as the remainder of this seasons home games improve, although I do agree that they should be doing more to encourage under 18s.

Oldsmobile-88

Glory hunter as doing 1 away game a season, just because it's a biggy.
We have as much chance of a big away game a season as seeing Chuckles at Sandy Park with a pony tail..!!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Just read the covering letter. Why should season ticket holders get priority to away matches? They've bought tickets for home games and get priority for cup games at home. Why should some glory hunter get priority of those that regularly attend away matches, just because its a big game. Pointless being in any of thepriority groups. The club lurches from **** up to another.
So are ST holders getting priority over other supporter groups for away games now? I appreciate getting tickets for away games generally isn't an issue whether you're in a priority group or not, but that takes the proverbial.

So your person who attends almost all away games, 15 home games and bungs £20 into the Trust each month will be treated as a lower class of supporter than someone who goes to all home games but contributes £0 beyond their ST (after all, we know that the percentage of ST holders who are also Trust members is risible, for example)?

SezLez

Note sure if I am misunderstanding my season ticket renewal invitation but as a senior in the OG I thought that I paid £258 for 2013/2014. The new price of £290 for 2014/2015 looks like a 12.4% increase. However, the claim at the top of the letter says "9 Games Free for 2014-15!" As the current pay on the gate price a senior in the OG is £15 by my reckoning this is going to rise to £21. I am missing something here are does being a senior make you senile?

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
You can please all of the some of time and some of the people all of the time, but you can't please all of the people, all of the time.

At the end of the day, ST sales come in bulk and therefore, the majority of people are paying upfront for watch games months later.

Away games do not benefit the club financially in the same way, so therefore ST holders should always gain priority.

exeips

Not sure if I'm being thick here or if I've worked it out wrong but in my season ticket pack which came today it says my adult Big Bank ticket has gone down to £275 which is a saving over gate price of £185.

Now if I added together my new price of £275 and the gate price saving of £185 and then shared it by 23, it would give me the actual gate price?

Which would mean an adult gate price of £20 on the big bank. A jump of £3 for this season!

Am I being thick or have I worked it out wrongly?