• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Season Ticket Holder v Trust Member

Borat

Bit of an insult to 1931s, who pay almost as much as a season ticket yet get absolutely nothing back for it (apart from the satisfaction of helping pay a player's wages and the even bigger satisfaction of getting regular emails from Al Crockford).

Nice to see this old chestnut of a thread get it's annual outing though!
It's nice to debate something else this week apart from the Liverpool game ;)

P.S Who's wages are they going towards this year?

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's nice to debate something else this week apart from the Liverpool game ;)

P.S Who's wages are they going towards this year?
McNish....

Cravat 2

I think it comes down to the point that if there are a few less in the trust on a one ticket per person in a priority group basis there may be more chance of people who go week in week out who aren't a ST holder or Trust member to actually get a ticket, rather than some one who pays £2 per month and only goes to the 'glamour games'.
'Glamour games' are so few and far between - when was the last time the park actually sold-out? Man United? - that someone paying £2 a month for a ticket to a match once every five years is contributing a fair amount for that ticket!

Even with one ticket per person, there would have been plenty of tickets left over.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bit of an insult to 1931s, who pay almost as much as a season ticket yet get absolutely nothing back for it (apart from the satisfaction of helping pay a player's wages and the even bigger satisfaction of getting regular emails from Al Crockford).
No insult intended. Though I imagine all or almost all 1931-ers are also ST holders, Trust members or both, happy to be corrected if that's not so.

Thames Valley Red

Many exiles do the 1931 scheme as they cant justify buying a season ticket. The whole thing could end up in sad bickering. I would propose a points related system and therefore someone that volunteers and cant afford to shell out money gets the same benefits as some people that are flush. Only 37% of ST holders are in the Trust and therefore this generates a challenge.

UTC

TVR

denzel

No insult intended. Though I imagine all or almost all 1931-ers are also ST holders, Trust members or both, happy to be corrected if that's not so.
They probably are. Not sure whether being a '1931-er' makes you a priority group though, which of course they should be.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Many exiles do the 1931 scheme as they cant justify buying a season ticket. The whole thing could end up in sad bickering. I would propose a points related system and therefore someone that volunteers and cant afford to shell out money gets the same benefits as some people that are flush. Only 37% of ST holders are in the Trust and therefore this generates a challenge.

UTC

TVR
This makes sense now I think about it - if I lived miles away, and / or couldn't get to games for health reasons, it's something that would appeal. So there is a case of putting 1931-ers near the top of the list.

But I reiterate that this isn't gonna be straightforward: we are all groping towards something that is fair to all but also rewards "loyalty", whatever that is.

Anyone know whether us ordinary Joes will have a chance to have an input into the promised "Review", or whether it'll be the insiders deciding everything was fine and no problem?

Thames Valley Red

This makes sense now I think about it - if I lived miles away, and / or couldn't get to games for health reasons, it's something that would appeal. So there is a case of putting 1931-ers near the top of the list.

But I reiterate that this isn't gonna be straightforward: we are all groping towards something that is fair to all but also rewards "loyalty", whatever that is.

Anyone know whether us ordinary Joes will have a chance to have an input into the promised "Review", or whether it'll be the insiders deciding everything was fine and no problem?
When we sponsored a game last year (please note more funding) I would say 80% were not local and hence why we they should be looked after all. We between us directly pay for a player!

UTC

TVR

Grecian_Jay

When you 1931 lot pay for a decent player then you'll get rewarded. Whilst you give us the likes of Norwood then you do not deserve anything.

And what about someone who is a Trust member and isn't a season ticket holder but goes to every match. They surely contribute more money to the club than someone who is just a season ticket holder?
thats what i was thinking