• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sean Goss

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
In all honesty I'm not surprised. By all accounts Goss did want a permanent move and I can believe that. Maybe he viewed a 4/5 month loan until the end of the season as not sufficient enough and felt he needed longer playing regular first team football for his development. I wouldn't underestimate the stability of a permanent move either. If he's being truthful with himself he probably knew it was a long way to the first team regardless of the glowing praise and suggestions on here, a German legend and £25mil French international (kinda) have barely got a look in this year. There's also two great prospects who can play in midfield, if for arguments sake anyone might suggest of an opportunity given the recent sales, with Mourinho admitting that one, Tuanzebe, may be the biggest benefactor of the January sells, suggesting he could figure in midfield possibly (Fosu-Mensah has played in mid too) Not that I expect either to rack up particularly impressive minutes but it gives Goss' situation at Utd some context. Utd will also be active in the summer so all in all I didn't foresee much opportunity there for him anytime soon.
The buy back is clearly insurance (as has been mentioned above - Pogba). Hope he does well and can prove to Mou that he made a mistake.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Apologies if noted elsewhere, but I note Goss started for QPR on Saturday - his first appearance I think?

Terryhall

His first start, but he also came on as sub in the 81st minute against Newcastle in the 2-2 draw on 1st Feb. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38740357

Well-known Exeweb poster
Apologies if noted elsewhere, but I note Goss started for QPR on Saturday - his first appearance I think?
yep looks like hollaway has been taking his time with him , no bad thing imo. big diference between youth footie and first team
looking at saturdays game , not that it necesarilly have any reflection on his performance but qpr were losing 1-0 got subbed at 52 and qpr then went on to score twice on 62 and 82 to win 2-1

James Whitmore

Yesterday, somewhat out of the blue, I met one of the QPR scouts who compiled the report that went to the powers that be prior to the transfer. He's an ex-Arsenal player of the Tony Adams era. Anyway, he said what you'd imagine. Goss has great potential. U23 football is a joke and that it'll be a job to get him up to Championship fitness and nous. But he is confident that it is only a matter of time.
He also said that he thought United had a great deal with the buy-back clause. He thought it was even better when I explained how the arrangement removed City from the loop.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Unused sub. tonight.

LOG

Does anyone know what's going on with Sean Goss? He doesn't seem to have played at all this season (according to soccerbase).

Mark Cordell

Does anyone know what's going on with Sean Goss? He doesn't seem to have played at all this season (according to soccerbase).
Just reading through a QPR forum and it seems to be he is not getting picked. Some saying it is due to him being creative which doesn't work with their tactics. They seem to be fairly unhappy with Holloway at present.

LOG

Ah, ok, thanks. Seems a strange signing in that case!

Mark Cordell

I think that's why they are complaining. They are also unhappy Mackie is starting so much and crying out for Wheeler to get more than 5 minutes