• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Seaborne.....

Stuart Storer's Tache

We won, which I am sure has got Danny out of a lot of trouble on here.

Sending off was by all accounts correct but the makings of it can be traced back to various incidents before, including the "Sills Incident"

Danny is a hot headed young man but a very decent centre half in that he can tackle (last night excepted), head, has good pace, and is quite happy to mix it. Same strengths as Matt Taylor but arguably quicker.

He was capatain and this came to early for him. Then there was the transfer talk. Now whatever players say this must unsettled you. It would most of us thinking Portsmouth and Preston and others were sniffing around. Then he has a drop in form which all young players have and it coincided with Matt Taylor coming through very strongly. People, instead of saying Seaborne is the mutts nuts were saying this about Taylor. This upsets Dan and he trys too hard and wham bam this all happens.

When they are all fit, get a back four of Tully, Taylor (c), Seaborne and Murray and stick to it. Get Moxey free down the left and get Edwards sitting in the centre of midfield like when we went up.

Simple
Unfortunately we've had to wait to post 110 for someone to hit the nail on the head on this one.

Whoever started this thread was right to do so, but we've got to be careful not to castigate Dan who by the sounds of it is low on confidence.

Its all part of his learning curve (albeit a very steep one!) and he wants to be the best he can he has to learn from this. Just as I'm sure he learned from the Sills "incident" or being given the run around by Jack Lester.

Some people forget that this is really only his second season as a regular first teamer and he only recently turned 22.

It didn't cost us in the end, time to move on

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
It didn't cost us in the end, time to move on
It seems not to have cost us, but it might have done and might still do during his suspension. Not saying he shouldn't be supported as a City player, but just because his actions haven't so far cost us doesn't mean his actions are excusable. Who knows, if we had 11 on the pitch last night we might have had the extra men to score a few more goals and he might have even grabbed one himself as we know he can. Our goal difference isn't that healthy right now and may still be a factor.

However as I said previously I want him to do well, as I do any City player - but that doesn't mean I excuse his actions and doesn't mean he shouldn't have a look at himself and think about what he needs to change.

Stuart Storer's Tache

It seems not to have cost us, but it might have done and might still do during his suspension. Not saying he shouldn't be supported as a City player, but just because his actions haven't so far cost us doesn't mean his actions are excusable. Who knows, if we had 11 on the pitch last night we might have had the extra men to score a few more goals and he might have even grabbed one himself as we know he can. Our goal difference isn't that healthy right now and may still be a factor.

However as I said previously I want him to do well, as I do any City player - but that doesn't mean I excuse his actions and doesn't mean he shouldn't have a look at himself and think about what he needs to change.
I agree with most of what you are saying and I'm glad you are behind him unlike some on this thread. We've got to forget about the "what ifs" and look forward and put it behind us. Yes we've missed the odd penalty and individuals have made errors that have cost us points but we are where we are

Bugs

Is there really any need for this thread?

Players get sent off and sometimes it's deserved and other times it's poor from the referee. I have seen both opinions on here tonight and will look at a replay to make up my own mind.

But the ref doesn't get that luxury, so go on, poor ref decision, or poor play? you decide in an instant.

Kingsman

I understand that Kings, and there is no doubting Dans commitment, but it needs to be channelled. I remember when he was bought on at Chester at 0-0 with the instruction to try and nick a goal from a set piece. Late on we delivered a peach of a corner, and Dan tried to punch it in the goal when Matt T was right behind him.

Tis has an excellent record developing young players, so lets hope it continues. Like you say, it must be frustrating for Dan, particularly as he was the guy that lifted the cup, and I suspect when his ban is up he will be straight back in.

As I said, it's lucky for Dan we won last night, and lets hope lessons have been learnt.
Exactly my point, his commitment has to be channelled, but is he being pointed in the right direction, or any direction?

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tis will have dealt with Seaborne the way he believes is right.Disappointing that he may have blown his chance to make his mark in the first team with Taylor been out.Tis does have a ruthless streak when it comes to offloading players.After the first Wembley it was apparent that we had a problem with the spine of the team, so what does he do?He offloads Rice,Todd,Challinor & Phillips.

Last season Andy Taylor falls out of favour & thats the last we see of him.Carlisle wanted a longer contract that could have extended his stay at City in League 1.Maybe Tis anticipated getting promoted this season & didnt think he was good enough to take the chance & being stuck with a player who wasnt good enough for L1

Getting slightly off topic but what I'm trying to say is that there wont be too much sentiment from Tis for an individual player,he will do what's right for the team.

Jim Shepherd

Listening to Tis interview on the BBC site if Danny's suspension kicks in 7 days after the sending off then I wouldn't be surprised to see him play on saturday.

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
Exactly my point, his commitment has to be channelled, but is he being pointed in the right direction, or any direction?

I am trying to read between those lines and getting nowhere....

surf123

IMO Danny was a total plank last night and he needs to seriously look at himself and grow up. This was not the mentality of a former captain.

A lot has been said about the referee and whether he was rash with the 2 yellow cards but to me this is inconsequential. If you are booked inside 3 minutes you spend the rest of game on a tightrope and keep your head down. You should not give the referee any opportunity to send you off. By kicking the ball away you are asking for it. Maybe a yellow was harsh for it but that is the letter of the law and you are asking for it even if you just nudge it away. Its was totally immature and IMHO opinion he deserved to be sent off for his total stupidity!

He needs to take a leaf out of Matty T's book. Now he is a true leader! I think Danny has also reacted poorly to being dropped. Surely this was a great chance to impress and he acts like a teenager in a huff. Give Bull or Murray a look in in Matty T's absence. They surely wouldn't let us down any less. I also wonder if some of the comments on here would have been so supportive of Seaborne if that had cost us the game?
So why did Tis chooose Seaborne to be captain at the Acc Stan Match over his second choice Moxey ?. Papers stated Moxey was surprised to be given the armband ? Yes he would be when he knew Seaborne had been asked and he had declined. It is common knowledge Moxey was approached 2 mins before going to see the ref. Ask any player at the club and they will tell you this is fact. Seaborne did the right thing and declined the armband. This shows he is a better person and not up is own ass as others have suggested If he was such a plank ! he would of surely took the armband with no thought. Right decision there lad. So Tis wanted Seaborne as Captain interesting thoughts ?

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
It is common knowledge Moxey was approached 2 mins before going to see the ref.
:D

was Credy in charge of the clocks then?