• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Seaborne.....

The mighty Grecian

I think George lost his place just before Christmas of last season when Danny Seaborne made his return to the team following a recovery from a broken leg.

Then it was Matty Taylor and Seaborne in the heart of defence with Edwards as left back

Didn't he return to the team once we shifted to 4-3-3 and the tailend of last season when Edwards was moved from left back to the holding midfielder..

surf123

Danny seems to be struggling with the fact he has quickly gone from the hot property we were trying to hold onto, to a player who is trying hard to get back into the team.

I think he is under a lot of pressure and scrutiny currently and it's a big shout for him to deal with it. At the momemnt he is not coping well

I think he will come through it, with Tis's guidance, and be a better player for it...time is on his side.

Seem to remember George going through a decidely dodgy patch not so long ago, dropping out of favour. Things change fast in football!
Lets hope things do change for him. He was always being called the favourite player who could do no wrong but it seems Young seaborne is still learning and is doing loads of wrong at the mom and at 21 with the likes of Edwards and Stewart Gill and others, there are loads of older role models to help him out.. Good luck to the lad. Look at Sercombe and his critic's and now from people saying " a boy in a mans game " seems to filling his role as a first teamer really well. He came good. I sometimes think players can try too hard and become frustrated and this can be misinterrupted.

surf123

On the training ground and after the Chestserfield away game
Yeah what happened then as said no one has said much.

Mackster

When was that mate?
George had a dodgy period about last Jan/Feb. Seemed like a loss of confidence. I remember he was getting the run around at Cambridge last season and I was relieved to see him get taken off - until the board said Elam was replacing him! Needless to say George recovered his form and was magnificent against the same player (Pitt?) at Wembley.

Hoping Danny has the maturity to do the same.

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours
From my view in the OG I thought he was unlucky TBH, but given the officials were pretty poor, it didn't surprise me looking back.

It really won't have done his confidence any good at all though, which is a real shame, because he is a good CB, he's just lost his way a little bit. Hope we see him get his form back soon.

On a side note, did I see him leaving the ground very soon after the final whistle, in a black suit ? (Just as some of the lads came out to warm down.)

surf123

George had a dodgy period about last Jan/Feb. Seemed like a loss of confidence. I remember he was getting the run around at Cambridge last season and I was relieved to see him get taken off - until the board said Elam was replacing him! Needless to say George recovered his form and was magnificent against the same player (Pitt?) at Wembley.

Hoping Danny has the maturity to do the same.
Yeah i remember Georges family being gutted he was dropped for boxing day as he was sat in the stands. He was having a low spell then. look how he came back at end of season and also pre season was on fire. Ironically it was seaborne's return to the team that stopped george featuring that boxing day as well.

surf123

From my view in the OG I thought he was unlucky TBH, but given the officials were pretty poor, it didn't surprise me looking back.

It really won't have done his confidence any good at all though, which is a real shame, because he is a good CB, he's just lost his way a little bit. Hope we see him get his form back soon.

On a side note, did I see him leaving the ground very soon after the final whistle, in a black suit ? (Just as some of the lads came out to warm down.)
Yeah he was in the car park with his mum and dad having a discussion. Think Tully's mum and dad were there as well when we passed.

hardi2b

I have no problem with the thread at all, and I think its a reasonable topic to debate. Dave says it could have been a Red for the first tackle, personally, I disagree. A booking after 4 minutes sets the ref up for a fall, and for the card to be shown that early must warrent a shocker of a tackle.
Wat he says....Refs seem all too ready to throw around coloured cards in order to install proper behavior on the field these days; (showing the yellow this early on deminishes its usefullness later) which in my opinnion displays lack of rationallity on their (refs) part, being influenced by their own self importance (ego) on the occasion and lack of understanding that his porpose is not to control the game but to guide the players through a fair free flowing competitive game.

journeyman

Wat he says....Refs seem all too ready to throw around coloured cards in order to install proper behavior on the field these days; (showing the yellow this early on deminishes its usefullness later) which in my opinnion displays lack of rationallity on their (refs) part, being influenced by their own self importance (ego) on the occasion and lack of understanding that his porpose is not to control the game but to guide the players through a fair free flowing competitive game.
Agreed, but in this instance, I don't think that is much argument against Seaborne's red. Yellow cards aren't mutually exclusive, and I think both incidents were bookable. Certainly, you might say that the second one was a bookable and if Seaborne hadn't had the first, the he would definitely have had a yellow for kicking the ball away. Thus, it was the correct decision.

Paulie

Good in the air, average on the deck, but quick enough to get himself out of trouble when needs be. Left-footed centre-halves are always a bonus so I guess he has got that going for him. Most importantly his concentration - previously a weakness - has improved.

I like the fact that he actually enjoys defending, but he is far from the finished article. Maybe he needs to take a step back to go forward in the long run.

The main problem with Seaborne is that he was near the back of the queue when brains were being handed out - allied with a suspect attitude and apparent arrogance and you potentially have a problem.

He needs to get his head down, stop believing his own hype and rebuild his confidence. Hopefully he can add some belated maturity to his game and fulfill the potential he showed towards the end of last season and the start of 08/09.