• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Scunthorpe game,this weeks weather.

JRFowler

Is there much of a chance of this one being called off? How does our pitch cope with the soggy stuff??

lmartin

Administrator
Hopefully a lot better this year.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's drained really well after the two really heavy downpours we've had the last couple of months. Should be OK.

downthetrack

Some heavy showers today.Very heavy band of rain tonight and Friday morning.But dry from Friday miday onwards.Fingers crossed

Cygnus

With the heavy rain we are having this morning and more forecast for overnight and tomorrow morning, the game must be in doubt. Whatever happens this weather will certainly be a real test for the drainage of the new pitch and I'm sure the club will do everything they can to get the match on as we desperately need some match day income to tide us over the Christmas period.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm sure the club will do everything they can to get the match on as we desperately need some match day income to tide us over the Christmas period.
And there isn't another game on the pitch until 2 January so the ground staff will have over 2 weeks to work on it.

At least they won't turn the sprinklers on this Saturday...or will they?

David Treharne

Another 5mm or rain to 10:00 this morning, making 36mm so far this week. As I post it's hailing (mmm...nice) with a strong westerly wind that is moving round to the south. It's also quite cold, not because of the air temperature (7c) but because of that cursed 'chill factor'. As Spoonz has reported the pitch looks to be OK, but I'd guess that we're going to have another substantial rainfall late afternoon/early evening. However I still feel optimitic that the game will go ahead, though like John William I wonder about the sprinklers.....

Cerbera

Grecianettes are going to be cold and perhaps a bit damp. Bonus for the Big Bank then :) :D

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
I take it that the Cat & Fiddle is a bit boggy atm, as the players were training on the articial pitches at CTCRM again today! Let's hope that SJP is OK for Saturday.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
forecast not to rain in the 24 hours leading up to and including the game.So my money is on the game being on (just don't let anyone inspect the pitch Friday lunchtime)