• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Scum getting jealous

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
I lived in the region for ages, Fair Oak is not in Southampton.
F*cking hill billy country Fair Oak is.

Southampton Gull

I lived in the region for ages, Fair Oak is not in Southampton.
Who said it was, you Div ?

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
... Fair Oak is not in Southampton.

In which case it should be "Fair Oak Gull"...

... or more accurately "F*** O** Dully".

;)

Southampton Gull

In which case it should be "Fair Oak Gull"...

... or more accurately "F*** O** Dully".

;)
Whereas your being spelt wrongly should be STFUfy ;)

Garethecfc

This did make me laugh:

"I think it's cute. It's lovely to see homely little teams like Exeter getting their moment of glory against Brazil's under-10s. It'll be one of those heartwarming stories that Spotlight do just before the weather forecast - you know, the "Casper the cat has found his way home to Trebilcock after getting lost at the vets'" type of story."

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
This did make me laugh:

"I think it's cute. It's lovely to see homely little teams like Exeter getting their moment of glory against Brazil's under-10s. It'll be one of those heartwarming stories that Spotlight do just before the weather forecast - you know, the "Casper the cat has found his way home to Trebilcock after getting lost at the vets'" type of story."
It's really funny given we're more likely to end up with Brazil Masters again :D

Spoonz Red E

Fair game in banter world so no big deal.

Although I did smile at the journalistically researched ‘dampener’ by Rupert on that link …..

The game against the so-called Brazilian national team was tacked on to the end of a tour to Argentina and Brazil as an after-thought. It wasn't a big deal at the time. (I've done my research in the WMN and Express & Echo archives).
Of course it wasn’t a big deal at the time. History, and the fact that Brazil have won the odd game of football since, has made it a ‘big deal’

Also, as When Saturday Comes magazine pointed out a few years ago, there's some doubt about whether it was the first game played by the Brazilian national team. A team representing Brazil played other national teams before 1914.
All very well, but as Brazil are calling 1914 their centenary year I’d suggest that they don’t consider pre-1914 games to be ‘Brazil’ either.

The fact is we’re going out, at their invitation, to see what can be done to celebrate our good fortune in being there at the beginning of their fantastic football history.

They’re hosting the World Cup. It’s their centenary and we were there 100 years ago.

If we're invited to the party in some form let's enjoy it (and the banter). We’d be daft not to.

However, President Webb has made the connection already so....

(Clears throat) In fairness to Plymouth Argyle, and in best, impartial BBC style, ‘other World Cup dreams are available’.

STURTZ

Got to say you can smell the...

From here.

They should be happy for us!:D

Last edited:

Grecian2K

More importantly, it seems the the BRAZILIANS are getting surprising excited at the prospect. Banter apart, greenies, get a bit of realism in your lives and check out some their media coverage on the main site!

jmgull

feck all this brazil malarky........who needs a celebration at the maracana in front of 120,000.

You'll all be as jealous as f*ck, when the mighty gulls take on Ellacombe Rangers, in front of various local dignitries - the mayor, his wife, the cook and her lover at King George V playing fields sometime in 2018.

The weekly herald express are already planning a 5 page celebration pull-out, they'll even be tombola and a coconut shy.....