• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sandy Park

Gashead

Afternoon Grecians

First off, congratulations on a great start to life back in League 2, I hope it continues for you

My question (and forgive me if this is an old and boring subject for you) is what are your plans concerning Sandy Park? Are there plans to relocate there?

Cheers

G

tisdale 1

Resigned
there was at one point but i think they are dead and buried now hopefully anyway it is not a higher level football league ground.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
You are welcome to it.

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks mate.

No. The rugby club don't want us there unless we pay lots and lots and lots of money, plus, as a Supporters Trust owned club, many of us feel strongly that we belong in the heart of Exeter and not out by the M5.

We have a new 2,000 seated stand and a new 4,000 terrace at St James Park. We have two sides of the ground left to develop, which includes the problematic replacement of our toxic green Grandstand with something newer, bigger, safer and redder.

How's the grand plan for your place looking?

Last edited:

Gashead

It's gonna be a real shame to see that old stand of yours come down one day. It looked great under the lights when I came down last and it adds a real sense of history to the place.

It is good news however that you are likely to be staying on the present site, I travelled down to the speedway a few times when that was up and running and it would be a great loss if the City was to lose both it's Town center stadiums.

As for Rovers, we announced this week that the plan is to now build the new ground stand-by-stand, so rather than move out to Cheltenham whiles the work is being done we'll just play on the building site with reduced capacity for 3 or so years.

How is the Gas legend getting on down there anyway?

4ORDY

I don't think it would be a good idea for any of our sporting clubs in the city to share, just look at whats happened to the speedway, a crying shame, so not for me I think we are all better on our own...

Brian Moore

What Steve Darke? he'd doing fine thanks.

tisdale 1

Resigned
not to bad always look like he has had a drink or two before a game!;) got a wicked cross on him though and reads the game brillantly

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
Gas legend
Very good Brian :)

As for Marcus, from what I've seen, we seem to use him in a sort of under-stated way. His composure, excellent touch and positional instincts help our tempo in a very subtle way, and he's a great crosser too. I'm not disappointed - would be mad to be - but, I must admit, he's not what I expected when we signed him.

All the best with the ground stuff. We need Bristol football in good shape (both teams I'm afraid!) to keep us connected to the rest of the footy world!

PS: Sorry Tis1, looking back I see you answered re Marcus. I (honestly) thought you were still going on about Darkie!

Last edited:

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
The only way ide support a move to Sandy park is if we have to close the ground Whilst Rebuilding the old grandstand. We need to Start raising some cash towards the Old Grandstand and away ends as that way we wont have to loan the cash. Although would take years to do.
IS Difficult. I wish i was coming to tonights match. Really wana