• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryder Cup

Red the Paper

Banned
What complete ***** organised a golf tournament in the UK in October?

Any fool could have forecast rain. Newport, what a total sh*thole, it makes Plymouth look like Henley on Thames

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
What complete ***** organised a golf tournament in the UK in October?

Any fool could have forecast rain. Newport, what a total sh*thole, it makes Plymouth look like Henley on Thames
The 2006 (late September) renewal was in Ireland which is even wetter. In fairness it has been an especially crappy first day weather wise.

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
DAY 2
Looks like a clear day
8am start
Hopefully we can take advantage of the dry conditions
COME ON EUROPE!

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Strictly unofficial live stream available here [for those without Sky]:

http://www.liveskygames.net/

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's now been shut down. Try this instead...

http://garthytv.com/

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
Any fool could have forecast rain.
It's all part of the masterplan. America doesn't have rain and they will be confused.

Incidentally, why are the Americans all in fancy dress? Pink knitted waistcoats today, tracksuits last seen adorning Pepsi and Shirli yesterday???

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cant belive it :(
I have a home day and could have watched it all day
Got woken by the wind and rain here at 4am, my first thought was no play in Wales this morning! :(
They have said
Inspection at 11am
play to start at mid day (i hope it does as the chauffuer said no to the ladies match at SJP today)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
What a fantastic day out yesterday was. Long day, setting off at 4.50 is not my ideal way of starting the day.

Got to the 13th tee at just after 8. Could just about see bits of it. Though the caddies insisted in placing the golf bags in line of view of a ball, and some media type then plonking themselves in front of the hole.

Later moved to the 4th just by the exit from the green for the players to get to 5th tee. So got close top all the players. Amazing the number in the entourage, wives, girlfriends, and children! Though not for Tiger who was on his own. It was strange listening to 5live with the guy and his co-comentator crouched down in front of me.

The last few holes are really impressive. More so than it looks on the tele!

Downside to the rain on Friday is my trainers and jeans are caked in mud. Didn't slip over, but came close a few times.

Sky coverage is poor. Yesterday evening Northants Grecian and I were positioned between the 1st and 4th tee which also gave us a view of a big screen. Sky (when not on an advert) consistently missed the live action, 5Live were much more on the ball (pun intended).

Decision time. Should I see if I can go on Monday? Or should I save money and see if I can wrangle a trip to Walsall.

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
starting again at 1.30pm
Glad you had a good time Hants Red
Agree 5 live is better coverage
For anyone gone today, this afternoons four balls you can get in tomorrow aswell as today, with play starting at 9.05 am tomorrow.
Lets hope Europe can do well again today.

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I enjoyed watching it this afternoon very pleased that Europe are in the lead.
I dont start school till lunch time on a Monday so its nice i have something to look forward to tomorrow!