• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Woods signs on loan

older-codger

One of the factors for an older player may well be what happens when his next contract ends. They should have in mind the fact that they may drop down the leagues in order to keep playing (e.g. Deano and the ex contingent at Eastleigh). They may then be influenced for their final contract in getting it at a club where there are more suitable clubs in the vicinity of their family ties than are available in Devon.

FanTactic

Oh Ryan woods, you are the love of my life, oh Ryan Woods… 👀

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
As someone (Edwin Price?) has suggested elsewhere, might Ryan's sending off turn out to be a blessing in (heavy) disguise?

'Woods sent off for the second time this season' was the commentary on Saturday in most highlight clips. Followed by 'for the fourth time in his career' on the ifollow extended highlights.

The media narrative (which seems only able to cope with one aspect at a time) now appears to be 'Ryan Woods gets sent off a lot'. This might be a good deal better for us than 'Ryan Woods has rediscovered his mojo and is far too good for League One'.

Moreover if he's got a 3 match ban which hangs over to next season ruling him out of the first two games will this also discourage interest...? Anyway here's hoping!

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Caldwell does his magician act and persuades him to sign up permanently, we have to enrol him in an anger management class before preseason starts.

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
If Caldwell does his magician act and persuades him to sign up permanently, we have to enrol him in an anger management class before preseason starts.
Him and Reece I would suggest

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Him and Reece I would suggest
And Zak!

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster

Mid Devon Grecian

Maybe, I quite like a fiery character or two in the squad.

Guthrie more or less picked him up swung him around and dumped him on the floor. Don’t blame Ryan for being a bit p*ssed with the guy.

Bridgy 81

I quite like a fiery character or two in the squad.
So do I, but I’d like our fiery activities to be more controlled and less obvious.
That way they’re equally (if not more) effective but with a much reduced likelihood of any consequences to us.

Mid Devon Grecian

So do I, but I’d like our fiery activities to be more controlled and less obvious.
That way they’re equally (if not more) effective but with a much reduced likelihood of any consequences to us.
Fair comment Bridgy