• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Who?ley

FAN-TATIC

There wouldn't have been any need for him to be loaned back to us if he'd only signed a pre-contract would there? He'd still have been our player.
True. But we would have been left with a disgruntled player. As it worked out Ryan's future was secure for the next 3 years and we retained the services of a happy bunny until the end of the season. Still can't see where we would have had any bargaining power for a sell- on agreement.

True. But we would have been left with a disgruntled player. As it worked out Ryan's future was secure for the next 3 years and we retained the services of a happy bunny until the end of the season. Still can't see where we would have had any bargaining power for a sell- on agreement.
That's as maybe. I was merely pointing out that we were in a position to negotiate one.

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think you'll need to wait and see where he moves to and what he moves on for..

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
He was brought with the championship in mind....i dont think he will play premier league football - whatever people say League 1 to premier league is a massive ask.

ICE

He was brought with the championship in mind....i dont think he will play premier league football - whatever people say League 1 to premier league is a massive ask.
I agree, league 1 to premier is one hell of a step. I think we will see a loan out soon.

caskey

Does anyone with inside info if he is coming to us Seagulls? This has been dragging on for ages now. Last i head is that we want to buy him but Swansea want to loan him.

Alistair20000

Does anyone with inside info if he is coming to us Seagulls? This has been dragging on for ages now. Last i head is that we want to buy him but Swansea want to loan him.
He was spotted in Bristol yesterday afternoon.

Last edited:

DJH2005

He was spotted in Bristol yesterday afternoon.
He still lives there doesn't he?

Wasn't that one of his 'wishes' over his proposed move options, in that he didn't want to uproot and wanted an easy-ish commute ideally? Odd for a footballer I suppose, but I get the impression Harley isn't your standard, off the shelf footballer...

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I still think a loan to Bristol City would be the logical move - they sure need Harley, Brighton don't seem to...

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
There wouldn't have been any need for him to be loaned back to us if he'd only signed a pre-contract would there? He'd still have been our player.
As I understand it, a pre-contract can only be signed if the player is heading to another country (Wales doesn't count, I don't think!).