• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Harley

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
We have signed two strikers with pace and athleticism, how anyone can view that as a negative is ridiculous.

For years Tisdale generally struggled to find a blend of strikers, i.e. a group that offer different attributes, Taylor has been in the job for a few weeks and already he seems to be making a better job of it.

Last edited:

Saint James

We have signed two strikers with pace and athleticism, how anyone can view that as a negative is ridiculous.

For years Tisdale generally struggled to find a blend of strikers, i.e. a group that offer different attributes, Taylor has been in the job for a few weeks and already he seems to be making a better job of it.
Pace is the way to go. We have been pedestrian and lumbering since losing Wheeler and Watkins so I agree these two signings are excellent. If we can add a speedy winger to compliment a (hopefully) fit again Lee Holmes that would be another plus

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Leon Braithwaite had lots of pace.

dommers

So you think everything has gone backwards over the last 2 - 3 years ? If that is the case why not give the new man a chance ?

Regarding the supporters and trust going backwards (according to you), do you want to put any meat on the bone with regards to this comment ?
Am happy to give the new man a chance just not convinced with the signings.

Not really. But for a club that's building a new stand (for nothing), has made 4million ish on transfers in about 12 months, missed out on the playoffs 12 months ago, has a highly rated youth academy and claims to be a unique club that the fans own I can't help but think that we would have gone up this year if the whole club had been more united.

dommers

I didn't realise you'd seen them play together in a game yet.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I didn't realise you'd seen them play together in a game yet.
I'm backing Forte and Abrahams to achieve a lot more this season than Brunt and Simpson did last season !

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Leon Braithwaite had lots of pace.
It's about having a mixture, we now have:

An aerial threat and finishing ability - Stockley, technical ability and skill - Jay, pace and a goal threat - Forte, Abrahams is more of any unknown quantity however I believe he has pace and plenty of ability.

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm backing Forte and Abrahams to achieve a lot more this season than Brunt and Simpson did last season !
You need to understand that there are a number of posters suffering from PPTSD which is a sad affliction characterised by a need to stand simpering in the corner occasionally blowing a kiss to a well used picture of their hero. A helpline is in the process of being established....

D__Lo__

It's about having a mixture, we now have:

An aerial threat and finishing ability - Stockley, technical ability and skill - Jay, pace and a goal threat - Forte, Abrahams is more of any unknown quantity however I believe he has pace and plenty of ability.
Forte is more about pace and movement. I doubt he's going to be prolific. I think personally I'd prefer to see him operating out wide but regardless he could be a bit frustrating, getting into good positions but not always making it tell. It's going to be a case of whether he produces enough end product so people can look past the wasted opportunities but tbf that has to expected to some extent in Lg2 with these type of wingers/wide-men. It's low percentage football, even in the Prem. Some more depth for left-midfield was a must. Personally I think it's a decent signing.

Abrahams looks like his physical attributes are the strongest parts to his game from what I've read, especially speed and strength. Looks like he could provide back-up to Stockley but his pace could potentially also be a good foil in a 2, they don't sound like-for-like. Looks like a sub though initially given the lack of experience.

Personally I'm still hoping for a more out-and-out, Lg2 ready striker, able to challenge Stockley if needed or start alongside. Forte I'm hoping will be a rotational option and Abrahams a back-up to challenge more as the season goes on and he improves and gets more experienced. I'm not convinced by Jay.

Last edited:

Ashford Grecian

Behave yourself we haven't kicked a ball yet, how on earth can you say he is making a better job (rofl)