• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Harley transfer rumour.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Isn't that known as tapping up? And isn't that illegal?
I said it was tapping up and yes it is illegal. So is underage drinking. It happens end of.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
I suspect that Ryan has only ever earned money from football. By most of our standards, that is good money, but its not as if he is likely to have anything else to fall back on. The money dries up in 10 years time when he can't go on making money from playing - earlier if he is unlucky enough to have a serious injury. You can't blame him for making hay when the sun shines, particularly in an industry which potentially has a lot of money to throw at players. He's a young guy, but at the same time he is 10 years from retirement!

That was in reply to FRL about Ryan's longer term future.

Last edited:
May I cautiously suggest that Grecian Jay has a lot of greedy selfish people in his life!

I say this because he thinks every one is unethical and lacking morals.

Believe it or not, there are some people left on this planet that do not have these attitudes to life.

I am signing off now, must get some work done. Bloody Exeweb costs me money!

Last edited:

Grecian_Jay

I'm not sure if he's the kind of guy who could go along with that, GJ. Playing for City while having accepted a secret and not allowable (tapping up)) deal. I think he's the kind of guy who'd tell Tisdale straight away about anything like that. It's naive to think money is not important, but

May I cautiously suggest that Grecian Jay has a lot of greedy selfish people in his life!

I say this because he thinks every one is unethical and lacking morals.

Believe it or not, there are some people left on this planet that do not have these attitudes to life.

I am signing off now, must get some work done. Bloody Exeweb costs me money!
Oh Jesus Christ what the f*ck is he on about now?

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
Isn't that known as tapping up? And isn't that illegal?
No players with less than a certain amount of time left on their contract are free to discuss terms with other clubs, hence how some players sign "pre contract agreements"

andrew p long

Harley has shown loyalty the entire time he has been here. He's never angled for a move and he's the model professional on and off the pitch. If he leaves when his contract expires, that doesn't make him disloyal.
Well said. I've been enormously impressed with the way Harley has conducted himself.Oh so easy so many times to say something that the press could write up as ' Harley issues 'come and get me ' call'. Or he could just have publically said 'I'm too good for this and I'm off as soon as I get the chance to play at a higher level'.

On the tapping up however I think the rules are that any player whose contract is up in the summer is entitled to talk to other clubs from 1st January.

camul

From exactly the same source that told me we had made enquiries about Jamie Cureton (agent with links to Norwich) told me tonight that at least 3 championship clubs are considering making offers in January. Norwich, Reading and Bristol City are 3 he named. Bristol (apparently) went for Kaliffa Cisse instead of Ryan in the last window, and that hasn't worked, and he is out of favour. Reading haven't replaced Siggurdson who went to Germany for 6 million+ and the Norwich board see promotion as a realistic prospect and are prepared to invest.

My agent friend is 'definate' Ryan will leave for circa 500k after xmas. I hope not, but all of those teams to my knowledge will pay wages between 6-8k per week comfortably, and in Reading and Norwich's case usually, and often, more. I just don't see we can compete. Sadly.
Cannot say about any link to Reading or Bristol City but the link to Norwich City is totally untrue according to both clubs. The Norwich Evening News ran a story saying Norwich were linked which provoked this response from Norwich on the official site:

Neither did the Norwich Evening News bother to ring the Exeter press office.

Go to canaries.co.uk and click on the "quash harley rumours" link.

Cannot say about Reading or Bristol City but can say that the author of the Norwich Evening News story is what is known in the scum trade of journalism as a complete Rodney U Plonker aka third rate tripe.

It is also being debated at Norwich for anyone interested.

Google for Pink Un and then their message board.

No idea about the other clubs but certainly not Norwich.

:D

Last edited:

camul

From exactly the same source that told me we had made enquiries about Jamie Cureton (agent with links to Norwich) told me tonight that at least 3 championship clubs are considering making offers in January. Norwich, Reading and Bristol City are 3 he named. Bristol (apparently) went for Kaliffa Cisse instead of Ryan in the last window, and that hasn't worked, and he is out of favour. Reading haven't replaced Siggurdson who went to Germany for 6 million+ and the Norwich board see promotion as a realistic prospect and are prepared to invest.

My agent friend is 'definate' Ryan will leave for circa 500k after xmas. I hope not, but all of those teams to my knowledge will pay wages between 6-8k per week comfortably, and in Reading and Norwich's case usually, and often, more. I just don't see we can compete. Sadly.
Cannot say about Bristol City/Reading but the Norwich interest is total bowlocks from start to finish made up by a halfwit employed by Archant, Norwich.

Hope that helps and, if it doesn't, it is still correct.

flackyISmydadHONEST

Well-known Exeweb poster
The only reason they are so keen to quash any rumours is because they are interested and don't want a bidding war.

Duh.

camul

It's not Norwich guv.