• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Rules for tonight

MarkBB

I understand tonight will be an emotional night for a lot of, if not every single fan tonight, but Yeovil have signed a lot of ex argyle players. If people boo the ex argyle players are the "rose tinters" going to get upset that it is ruining the night where people are remembering Stanno?

FAN-TATIC

I do not wish to be disrespectful to Adam, who I consider to have been a very fine person, who's life was tragically cut short. However, the anniversary of his passing is on Wednesday 10th August. The club had made arangements to allow fans to visit the Park if they wish to pay their respects in remembering Adam.

I am not sure that tonight's game, despite the fact that it is against another one of Adam's clubs is a memorial game. In that respect I don't see why one should be offended by unconnected banter.

I will be offended if we hear offensive chants about Adam. Which is highly unlikely given the high level of respect both clubs have for him.

Go to the game tonight and treat it as what it is a Carling Cup tie, not a memorial game.

Last edited:

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I understand tonight will be an emotional night for a lot of, if not every single fan tonight, but Yeovil have signed a lot of ex argyle players. If people boo the ex argyle players are the "rose tinters" going to get upset that it is ruining the night where people are remembering Stanno?
MarkBB, as one who gets criticised on a fairly regular basis on here, for posting or starting pointless and stupid threads, please allow me to suggest that the stupidity contained in this one tops anything I ever came up with, and is basically childish. I know your hearts in the right place, but the 'rules for tonight' as you put it, are in my opinion absurd, that is if I'm understanding what you're saying correctly. I cant imagine how you arrived at the Adam reaction 'possibilites' and came up with the above.

If Adam had any say, I suspect he wouldnt want anyone to do anything during this game, booing or otherwise, that would detract from the sport he lived for, and I'm sure he would want the game played in the same vein.

We're approaching a sad day, which wont be easy for the Stansfield family, since first anniversaries generally aren't, but just continue to give generously to the Stansfield Family Fund, and continue to support the AS cause in that way. Dont bring booing, cheering, or anything else into this game where Adams concerned. I really dont believe he would have wanted that.

EDIT: As FAN-TATIC says: 'Go to the game tonight and treat it as what it is, a Carling Cup tie, not a memorial game'.

Last edited:

ECFCHUNTY

i will do as i want, you dont make the rules numb nuts

MarkBB

i will do as i want, you dont make the rules numb nuts
I didn't say you couldn't do what you want.

The_Original

The #1 MC in Devon, and Exeweb's top boy.
Paul Wotton is proper scum. Steve MacLean cost Argyle loads so he will just get the one boo from me (unless of course he scores, in which case I'll probably call him a scum c*nt or something), N'Gala is a nobody and it will be funny watching Fallon blast balls wide all night.

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
In football terms Mark, I'd be giving you a yellow card.....;) [G]

ecfc01

I think this is alright, but I would of put the title under my views of tonight.

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
I think the thought behind the OP here is a very sensible one. We don't want any unwanted arguments breaking out in the ground tonight really. Those criticising MarkBB for trying to avoid offernding people are very short-sighted and self-centred.

ECFCHUNTY

I think the thought behind the OP here is a very sensible one. We don't want any unwanted arguments breaking out in the ground tonight really. Those criticising MarkBB for trying to avoid offernding people are very short-sighted and self-centred.
heres says his best mate