• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Rubbish Tisdale!!!

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
The Trust Board of Society have called an emergency meeting this evening to hold Tiz to account. He has broken the explicit agreement we had with him that under NO circumstances were we to get involved in the play off thingy. It's ridiculous and frankly embarrasing that volunteers will now have to cancel their summer holiday outing to Torquay just to sell tickets to the great unwashed.

Disgusted of Ottery St Mary
He's right, I've just got in from said meeting. Tis has been given the boot and we have snapped up Peter Taylor, he cost a hell of a lot more but he has guaranteed us a result in Burton that will mean we miss out on the play-offs. Apparently M.Taylor, Edwards, Marriott and Deano have all been flogged, and Carlisle, Gill, Bash, Tully, Friend, Seaborne, Jonah, Logie and Harley have all been transfer-listed. In Taylor we Trust

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Enough with the sarcasm. If you want a inclusive and united response to getting to the playoffs then I doubt this is the way to get it. I readily congratulate PT and the team for getting to the playoffs but I'm sure he regards it as a job half done (or should). I suspect whoever we get in the playoffs will represent a tougher job than dismantling a team stuck to the foot of the table and already relegated. Certainly it's time to celebrate but if we stumble again in the playoffs it will really hurt.

jmj

Enough with the sarcasm.
Not just yet.

Playoffs two seasons in a row, bloody terrible.

Why does he sign players from Team Bath, their hardly going to be player of the year material, and don't even get me started on Weston-Super-Mare, they'll never have any good players.

Awful, Ingledale out

papillon

Enough with the sarcasm. If you want a inclusive and united response to getting to the playoffs then I doubt this is the way to get it. I readily congratulate PT and the team for getting to the playoffs but I'm sure he regards it as a job half done (or should). I suspect whoever we get in the playoffs will represent a tougher job than dismantling a team stuck to the foot of the table and already relegated. Certainly it's time to celebrate but if we stumble again in the playoffs it will really hurt.
Hopefully it will be Cambridge who played a cracker against the said team stuck at the bottom of the table and already relegated 2-1 wasn't it!

Antony Moxey

Nice one Malc - let's all be sensible and realistic and not have a bit of fun after a great night of football last night. We, as City fans, have had precious little to enjoy over the years, so let's not get too carried away now, eh? I mean, we've still done f*ck all, haven't we?

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Certainly it's time to celebrate but if we stumble again in the playoffs it will really hurt.
I think it is this sense of entitlement that underlies a lot of the negativity. We are not in League 2 unless we "stumble". We have won ourselves, along with 3 other teams, a 1 in 4 shot at promotion. You take the 3 chances of hurt for the 1 shot at elation.

If we now crash out in the semi-finals, I think the team and manager can hold their heads up and say they've delivered on the reasonable expectations and improved on last season.

Parklife

Nice one Malc ...
Indeed. Have we just had our chips ****** on?

Blimey if we can't get a bit excited and carried away this morning, then there is something wrong. I doubt anyone is losing sight of the bigger picture.

Gozzer

I think it is this sense of entitlement that underlies a lot of the negativity. We are not in League 2 unless we "stumble". We have won ourselves, along with 3 other teams, a 1 in 4 shot at promotion. You take the 3 chances of hurt for the 1 shot at elation.

If we now crash out in the semi-finals, I think the team and manager can hold their heads up and say they've delivered on the reasonable expectations and improved on last season.
Thanks, Edwin. You've saved me posting the same thing.

Stumble is an interesting choice of word. It kind of implies that the play offs are easy and if we don't make it we only have ourselves to blame.

It IS a lottery. We can only do our best. One crap refereeing decision, for instance, could be the dividing line between success and failure.

Last edited:

Poultice

I just hope you boys can sustain this w*nk fest after the Turks have d*cked us 5-0 over two legs.

Last edited:

ecfc2000

I just hope you boys can sustain this w*nk fest after the Turks have d*cked us 5-0 over two legs.
Nice to see your enthusiastic self again ********.