• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Roy Hodgson

I like roy hodgson but no way in a million years is he a "big"club manager his done well at Fulham his got a small club to a micky mouse cup final so did steve maclown with m"boro a few years ago,you cant go round given big jobs to guys who have had a good cup run,I would say pound for pound Tony Pullis at Stoke has done as good a job as Roy by keeping Stoke in the prem on a shoe string.As for Liverpool they have had a sh*te season by thier standards but they are one of the worlds most famous football clubs they will always be big neaxt season will be there 50 th season in the top league and have never finished out of the top 7 no other club can match that they will have good years and bad but they will always be chasing honors even under the Rafa years which according to most pundits is of failure they have every season been in the mix for trophies even this year,3 champion league semi finals always qualified for europe, prem runners up ,sure Rafa needs to go the job needs a marquee manager not Roy Hodgson.I hope Fulham can win the europa cup and then watch them battle for relagation next season.

Well-known Exeweb poster
I like roy hodgson but no way in a million years is he a "big"club manager his done well at Fulham his got a small club to a micky mouse cup final so did steve maclown with m"boro a few years ago,you cant go round given big jobs to guys who have had a good cup run,I would say pound for pound Tony Pullis at Stoke has done as good a job as Roy by keeping Stoke in the prem on a shoe string.As for Liverpool they have had a sh*te season by thier standards but they are one of the worlds most famous football clubs they will always be big neaxt season will be there 50 th season in the top league and have never finished out of the top 7 no other club can match that they will have good years and bad but they will always be chasing honors even under the Rafa years which according to most pundits is of failure they have every season been in the mix for trophies even this year,3 champion league semi finals always qualified for europe, prem runners up ,sure Rafa needs to go the job needs a marquee manager not Roy Hodgson.I hope Fulham can win the europa cup and then watch them battle for relagation next season.
Absolutely, almost totally 100% wrong. At the mo Liverpool dont have a very good squad, and next season minus torres they could well be a mid table outfit, pullis is a good manager but Hodgson has probably the most complete c.v in the premiership,

1976–1980 Halmstads
1982 Bristol City
1983–1985 Örebro
1985–1990 Malmö
1990–1992 Neuchâtel Xamax
1992–1995 Switzerland
1995–1997 Internazionale
1997–1998 Blackburn Rovers
1999 Internazionale
1999–2000 Grasshopper
2000–2001 Copenhagen
2001 Udinese
2002–2004 United Arab Emirates
2004–2005 Viking
2006–2007 Finland
2007–

Well-known Exeweb poster
ps cranchy Internazionale= Inter milan!! big enuf club for you?

Last edited:
Absolutely, almost totally 100% wrong. At the mo Liverpool dont have a very good squad, and next season minus torres they could well be a mid table outfit, pullis is a good manager but Hodgson has probably the most complete c.v in the premiership,

1976–1980 Halmstads
1982 Bristol City
1983–1985 Örebro
1985–1990 Malmö
1990–1992 Neuchâtel Xamax
1992–1995 Switzerland
1995–1997 Internazionale
1997–1998 Blackburn Rovers
1999 Internazionale
1999–2000 Grasshopper
2000–2001 Copenhagen
2001 Udinese
2002–2004 United Arab Emirates
2004–2005 Viking
2006–2007 Finland
2007–
Graet c.v but has the gent won any think worth while ?

Woodsy

But how many managers have won anything worthwhile?

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I stand to be corrected but didn't he win the UEFA Cup with Malmo when winning any kind of European trophy was worthwhile.

Well-known Exeweb poster
I stand to be corrected but didn't he win the UEFA Cup with Malmo when winning any kind of European trophy was worthwhile.
Dont think he did, but he took Switzerland to 3rd place in the fifa world rankings, Im wondering the last time England were 3rd?

and the team he built at inter went on the next year to win the UEFA cup and came 2 nd in seria A, probably why they invited him back the next year for his
2nd spell.

jase 07

I know there is a thread about Fulham getting through to the Europa Final but i thought i'd start one about Roy Hodgson, Not only is he great manager but every time ive heard him being interviewed he is never disrespectful to opposing managers, players and officials.

When all you see on tv is Fergie, Rafa, Wenger etc slagging off each other or refs it is so refreshing to see some one still in the mould of the late, great Sir Bobby Robson. Even in defeat he often congratulates the opposition and when the officials do make a mistakes he say something like "They're only human"

I think the man is one of, if not the last true gentleman of football

He is a gent, I was staying at the Marriott in Manchester when Fulham were staying there the night before they played Bolton. He and a few of his coaching staff were enjoying a few glasses of wine after the players were tucked up in bed and he was happy to chat to people and did so with a smile.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Roy's further enhanced his reputation at West Brom. They're now up to 10th. He does work wonders with the smaller sides but he's not a 'big club' side as he doesn't like working under pressure. I think Tis is just like Roy; quiet, polite and a gent.

If I were a player, I think Roy would be my chosen manager.

Last edited: