• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Rochdale attendance - be braced for sub 5k

Grecian1966

There has been much discussion post the last home match regards disappointment or otherwise with the 5,146 punters. My feeling is that the crowd level will be less for this coming Saturday so let's get it all out in the open now! Rochdale (along with perhaps Hartlepool and Dagenham) will be seen as the least attractive opposition (despite their relative position in the table), pretty sure they won't bring any more than Peterborough did (300 odd), and generally speaking your occasional fans only go dependent on the last result. Four away matches in quick succession also dictate that some will inevitably give this one a miss.

My own view is 4,750 which despite being sub 5k is still imo a damn good turnout. Anyone more optimistic?

Fred

Scotth

Mate its nothing to do wiv exeter im an argyle season ticket holder and our crowds have dropped. Yes a lot of it cus we r sh*t lol but crowds r dropping everywhere due to money worries mainly. And your crowds have got bigger havent they? Due to u doing well. Its only gona get worse now wiv the f...ing tories in charge.

mammooman

ECFC crowd numbers affected by the Tories !? Oh dear.

Scotth

Mate its nothing to do wiv exeter im an argyle season ticket holder and our crowds have dropped. Yes a lot of it cus we r sh*t lol but crowds r dropping everywhere due to money worries mainly. And your crowds have got bigger havent they? Due to u doing well. Its only gona get worse now wiv the f...ing tories in charge.

Scotth

So ur saying all the cuts arent going to have an influence on football fans well they will fact. Peoples wages aint goin as far fact

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
So ur saying all the cuts arent going to have an influence on football fans well they will fact. Peoples wages aint goin as far fact
Of course they are, the problem is ascribing the fault to the Tories who have had four months to start paying back the hundreds of billions that the last government spunked over thirteen years.

I can't believe we are contemplating falling crowds when we have Norrie and a full time marketing director to pull the punters in.

"What's that you say" ?

"Shirley not" ?

"You mean to say that it is performances on the pitch that create income for the club and not the ever growing Suitage" ?

We have been bucking a trend for some time now, but as we know, all good things have to come to an end.

grecianred

I think our green chum has a fair point. We are all now paying the price for the risks taken by the financial sector and things are gonna get a whole lot worse under the tories. There's no need for political points scoring on this thread but making over 1m people unemployed directly and indirectly through the CSR is going to have a huge impact on City attendances cos in this part of the world I'd suggest a sizeable proportion on middle incomes work in areas the Government values only slightly more highly than we do Billy Jones...

Oh well at least the Club has £5 a throw parking as a revenue stream. Seems the suits are showing their worth (ahem).

Grecian1966

"You mean to say that it is performances on the pitch that create income for the club and not the ever growing Suitage" ?

We have been bucking a trend for some time now, but as we know, all good things have to come to an end.
We have as you say been bucking the trend, and the trend is most definately downwards across every league with the rare exception as a result of the reality out there in the real world (the world that isn't football). However, I wouldn't agree that there will be a perfect correlation regards performances on the pitch and attendances. Our results and pleasing style certainly help attendances but fundamentally if you aint got the cash you aint got the cash! As GRed said the public sector down here is gonna get hit hard and in Exeter accounts for around 20% of the local economy (much larger in Plymouth). I hope the club start to realise that belt tightening has to happen even in football clubs - expecially ones that don't have mega bucks owners!

Fred

Last edited:

information_ministry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Time to introduce the Kid a Quid entry again

I reckon we will get 5001 on Saturday

i_m

Cravat

I'll be there. Up the City!

This is surely a perfect 'Kid for a Quid' game.