• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Rivalries

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I dislike Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Southend, Wycombe, Plymouth and MKD
I'm a disliker.

CityTillIDie

Plymouth, Chelsea, MK and Arsenal are mine

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Leeds or Chelsea after the F A Cup final. Whilst everyone else seemed to want Leeds to win I wanted Chelsea, who had David Webb, Peter Osgood Chopper Harris and with Peter Bonetti in goal. During that era though I was a Wolves supporter ('cos I bought an 'Old Gold' top, no other reason) as well as a City fan.

Always hated Argyle and nowadays the 'money' sides, like MK and Mansfield
The 1970 Cup Final & replay at Old Trafford..One word..Brutal...Great watching though.

The obvious rivalry with Plymouth,but that was something I did not experience when I started watching the Grecians(1971) because we did not play them for years..Torquay after their relegation in 1972 appeared to be the main rivals until we met Argyle in the League Cup & beat them twice in 1976(a 2nd Division side as well at that time) That & all of the aggro surrounding the home leg reignited everything.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Leeds or Chelsea after the F A Cup final. Whilst everyone else seemed to want Leeds to win I wanted Chelsea, who had David Webb, Peter Osgood Chopper Harris and with Peter Bonetti in goal. During that era though I was a Wolves supporter ('cos I bought an 'Old Gold' top, no other reason) as well as a City fan.

Always hated Argyle and nowadays the 'money' sides, like MK and Mansfield
There was no love lost between Chelsea and Leeds. When Palace were away I saw Leeds a lot in London, including one amazing game in 1970 when Leeds won 5-2 after being 2-1 down at half time, the Leeds fans all hid their scarves and rosettes when they left. Stamford Bridge had a dog track, you were miles from the pitch behind the goals, and wooden slatted seats on one side. Really menacing in the Shed (even if you were a home supporter) if you weren't a regular, but Millwall and Upton Park were worse.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
First time i ever experienced mounted policemen was when Chelsea played the Gas at Eastville back in the 80's. A spur of the moment decision to go after watching Grandstand and football focus caught the train from St Davids to Temple Meads and then got over to Eastville having missed the start of the match. Was asked where we came from on the gate as there had already been a stabbing in the ground. We stood with the Gas supporters and watched the police bring on the horses to the then speedway track to control the Chelsea fans, After the match some kind Gas fan gave us a lift back to my Aunt's as we didn't fancy hitting Temple Meads for an hour or two with the Chelsea fans on the rampage

InMyBlood

not sure what we have done to upset Tranmere - seem to remember we let them win to stay in the league many moons ago.
Maybe because Rob Edwards came from us?
I usually support the underdog in any match not involving City. Main dislikes are Villa and Newcastle for some reason. Never had a particular dislike for Liverpool in the way you would for Man Utd.