• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

rip paul birch

MarcyBoy

His top corner goal against swansea at the park will always be fondly remembered! Top city midfielder!

RIP Paul

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
Very sad news indeed. Thoughts are with his family and friends

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
RIP Paul. I always thought he was a quality player, really good midfielder. Thoughts to his family at this sad time

budegrecian

Very sad news indeed. He was, as many have already said, a class act during a period when we were struggling.
Always remember the ovation he got from both sets of supporters when he went off towards the end of the game against Doncaster; it really said it all about the man.
R.I.P.

Shortround

Really sad news, a true pro, thoughts go to friends and family

One of my favourite players when I was a young en. As Sumner and a couple of others have said, his goal against Swansea was pure quality. RIP Birchy.

SDRighton

Very sad news. Superb player and, as many others have said, one of my City favourites.

His screamer against Barnet will live long in the memory.

GrecianGav

Very sad news indeed, RIP Paul!

Herschel

RIP Stanno, City Legend never to be forgotten
RIP Paul.....

Stuart Storer's Tache

RIP to true midfield maestro

As well as the goals others have mentioned, I also remember a beaut he scored against Maccesfield off the underside of the bar.

I also remember he would sometimes have a quick look in all directions before he would receive a pass - quite unique!