• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

RIP Dacre Holloway

AndyR

I only knew of Dacre, rather than knowing or ever having met him but there is no doubt he was an ECFC great. In addition to sadness, the thing which has shocked me most about this is the suddenness of his passing- he didn't look old by today's standards.

I really hope that he is looking down on this thread, which is a great tribute to him, but for me, tomorrow's match doesn't now seem quite so important. Would be happy to contribute to whatever memorial is deemed appropriate.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
I ...... In addition to sadness, the thing which has shocked me most about this is the suddenness of his passing- he didn't look old by today's standards.
He wasn't Andy. He was just 61 years old.

ECFC JP

Very sad news indeed. My condolences.

pelsey

You can shove your stone island up your arse, this
RIP Dacre.

Yeovilgrecian

Goodbye my very good friend, I am so thankful you came into mine and my family's life and I was able to share nothing but good times with you. Little Harry will miss working with his Dacre at the work parties and we won't be laughing at Ollie wearing your flat cap anymore. I will miss you terribly the world has lost one of the good guys. I know we will meet again until then please keep looking over us all.

Rest in peace

Adrian

edindevon

SAXON

Although I didn't know Dacre personally, only through the G3 scheme, I would just like to offer my sincere condolences to all those who knew him.I'm sure it will be almost impossible to replace someone who gave so much to our club for so little reward. R.I.P.

Kingsman

I remember meeting Dacre for the first time a couple of years ago to find that I had infrequently attended his dads church and went to school with his brother Andy. I'm sure without the likes of Dacre there would no longer be an Exeter City and for those of us who just turn up and pay our entrance money we will be forever grateful. I like others hope one day there will be a permanent and fitting tribute at St James Park to the great man. R.I.P.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
It is with a heavy heart that I pen these words. Words about a man that, not only am I glad to have worked with, but who I am also priviledged to have called my friend.

I first met Dacre at a work party some 5 years ago now, and was always amazed at the levels this man would go to, for the good of our football club. Dacre was very much the embodyment of what it means to be a Supporters' owned football club. His boundless energy and drive were an inspiration to many, on a cold work party in the middle of November. There can be prescious few who have contributed so much and yet taken so little, for the good of their football club.

I know I speak not only for myself, but for everybody who had known him when I say that Dacre's loss is immeasurable, I offer Dacre's family, friends and colleagues my sincerest coldolences at this most difficult of times.

God bless you my friend!

ECFC Nursey!

Very well known Exeweb poster
RIP to City's number nine. Sleep tight love
It is with a heavy heart that I pen these words. Words about a man that, not only am I glad to have worked with, but who I am also priviledged to have called my friend.

I first met Dacre at a work party some 5 years ago now, and was always amazed at the levels this man would go to, for the good of our football club. Dacre was very much the embodyment of what it means to be a Supporters' owned football club. His boundless energy and drive were an inspiration to many, on a cold work party in the middle of November. There can be prescious few who have contributed so much and yet taken so little, for the good of their football club.

I know I speak not only for myself, but for everybody who had known him when I say that Dacre's loss is immeasurable, I offer Dacre's family, friends and colleagues my sincerest coldolences at this most difficult of times.

God bless you my friend!
Yours and YG's post have said so much, not alot more that you can say to that really. The response he will get at tomorrows game will be out of this world i am sure, and hopefully he will be looking on with extreme proudness - always a Grecian - Will always be known as Dacres Acres! God Bless you!