• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ricky Shakes

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
He is a London lad playing for a London club in the third division, just because he is on a free and we trial him doesn't preclude any one of a dozen possibilties, only one of which is that we had an option to sign him.

I am all for idle specliation on this here tome of wisdom, but why should Tis be villified for this particular piece of abject specliation when there are far better ones out there ?

A little grasp on reality and something new to moan about is all I ask for, this was done to death weeks ago.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
If Brentford had offered him a trial at the same time then obviously he's going to want to try out for them as he's from that area anyway. As it happens they offered him a place and he accepted.
Brentford had already had him in on trial at that point but had turned him down - however they backtracked and got him in later.

Not sure why we didn't pursue him given his performance at Aze, but as others have said it might not have been in our hands anyway.

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well, I was almost right. Who's to say we didn't pursue him, but it no good as Brentford had already come back in for him. Maybe someone from Brentford had come to our game with Hayes and offered him then and there?
To be honest, who's going to come down here when they can play for Brentford?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
To be honest, who's going to come down here when they can play for Brentford?
Given the clubs' respective off-field positions, I know which I'd choose currently, and it ain't the Londoners! ;)

cityfan13

It does ACTUALLY make me wonder what type of player IS fitting to Tisdale's mindset.

Is he holding out for Frankie Lamps on a free or something? lol.

Or perhaps he's saving all that transfer kitty money from the summer, for a spectacular January Transfer Window bid for Cristiano Ronaldo?!?!

Shakes is better than this level, he was quality for Swindon under Dennis Wise in League 2 and after the Hayes game, i'd have MADE him sign up there and then. 2 year deal? no problem. After all, he gave Bertie a year based on 1 game against St Albans. What's the difference there then?

hating pafc

tisdale doesnt know a good player when he sees one

he thinks team bath players are good mat taylor = sh*t Cozic= awful Saunders= donkeyish!

sack tisdale and get in a manager with experince and signs football league quailty player ASAP

hes taking us to team baths sh*t standard
we dont need it!!!

were meant to be a football league team

Joshyd123

he thinks team bath players are good mat taylor = sh*t Cozic= awful Saunders= donkeyish!

sack tisdale and get in a manager with experince and signs football league quailty player ASAP

we dont need it!!!

What a post!

Poultice

What a post!
Whatever happened to hating pafc ?

flakey pasty

we dont need it!!!

You make a well balanced case, Hating PAFC,

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
I prefer Poultsy's contributions to this thread, in the days before he was a caricature of himself.

Last edited: