• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Richard Logan Signs

The mighty Grecian

all the 4 goals that he scored last season, weren't all of them last-ish minute equalisers Millwall, Swindon, Wycombe (away) don't know the fourth one

also does this mean he turned down a two year deal at the Turks??

Ian Sideman

If he wasn't good enough to play this year, what makes him worth a contract for next?

Confused :S

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
If he wasn't good enough to play this year, what makes him worth a contract for next?

Confused :S
Essentially I agree, but everyone seems to forget we need a squad as well as a first eleven. Logan will be acutely aware he will be a "bit part" player.

Ian Sideman

..so we contract players who are only good enough for "bit parts"? I don't get it. I'd rather give a contract to a 18 year who's going to bust his balls rather than a bit part 30 year old underachiever. Good bloke apart.

Grecian_Jay

all the 4 goals that he scored last season, weren't all of them last-ish minute equalisers Millwall, Swindon, Wycombe (away) don't know the fourth one

also does this mean he turned down a two year deal at the Turks??
He didn't score against Milwall did he? Stansfield got the last minute equaliser in the home game from a cross/shot in a 1-1 draw and the away game we lost 1 -0.

angelic upstart

..so we contract players who are only good enough for "bit parts"? I don't get it. I'd rather give a contract to a 18 year who's going to bust his balls rather than a bit part 30 year old underachiever. Good bloke apart.
Again, I agree. But balance of the squad etc etc.

benjishep

I think when Tis signs players or offers them new contracts there is far more than the ability to start that determines whether or not they will be kept on.
The Team Unity that he has been able to establish in the squad is a major reason why we have been so successful in the past few years, and a major reason why the likes of Lee Phillips, and Jon Challinor were let go at a time when many of us fans could not fathom.

Tis has categories for players, those that are Grade A and will always start, the group that can push to start, and those that will be on the fringes but can still be useful squad players. Those in the last category have to work just as hard as all the other players but probably at times don't feel that they get the same rewards and it is tough too find these types of players who will not get negative or disruptive behind the scenes, which is what Panther, and McAllister were becoming from what i have heard. With that in mind i think that Logan has been kept on because he is still a useful squad member, knows his role within the squad and although probably isn't thrilled by it understands and he is great for the dressing room, so in terms of a squad member he is still most likely very good value.

I would argue that it is probably what he brings to the table in terms of his attitude, personality and understanding of how Tis runs things that keep him around and the fact that he is so popular in the dressing room and amongst the fans. Added to the fact that he does have good ability and can be very useful coming off the bench in tight games i totally understand why Tis has offered him a further 1 year deal, and I'm pleased that he has accepted.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mixed feelings. The guy has been a hero for this club. But if hes satisfied to be a bit part player, so be it. The forwards is the position we need to strengthen and will be a major factor if we can push on and improve next season

tavyred

If you don`t get it, then you don`t get Tisdale!
Tis has stated in the past that he spends as much time picking the bench as he does the team who start the game.
Tis has a playing squad, he does`nt do first eleven and "bit parts".

Ian Sideman

If you don`t get it, then you don`t get Tisdale!
Tis has stated in the past that he spends as much time picking the bench as he does the team who start the game.
Tis has a playing squad, he does`nt do first eleven and "bit parts".
Well hopefully he'll improve on his selection strategy next season and we'll avoid relegation by greater than 8 minutes.

Just another Toenailer.....