• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Richard Duffy

Poulticedale

Only just turned 25, 10 caps already - surely can't be far off a Wales recall?

budegrecian

Based on his performances for us & the shambles that the current Wales side is in, I would say this is a very good shout.

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
If we start collecting clean sheets and keep at least mid table then the welsh scouts will start looking again ...

until yesterday we had conceded 7 goals at home in 3 games and 3 in our only away league game so a distant observer may not be that convinced of his talent ....

Would be v nice to have a current international again though ...

Jim Shepherd

Would be pleased for him but not for us.
Obviously a key man now but getting a call up wouldn't be enough to get any game called off.

Poulticedale

For me, Duffy doesn't just bring quality to the team in terms of his individual play, he also brings a composure to the back line that really benefits those around him. Ok, we're only League 1, but I think that would make him a huge asset to Wales.

Also, wouldn't it be great to see him taking on Rooney, Gerrard etc? I think I'd secretly be supporting Wales...

That said, from our perspective (and maybe keeping it real), I'm really looking forward to seeing Taylor, TAH and Duffs in the back line together.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
For me, Duffy doesn't just bring quality to the team in terms of his individual play, he also brings a composure to the back line that really benefits those around him. Ok, we're only League 1, but I think that would make him a huge asset to Wales.

Also, wouldn't it be great to see him taking on Rooney, Gerrard etc? I think I'd secretly be supporting Wales...

That said, from our perspective (and maybe keeping it real), I'm really looking forward to seeing Taylor, TAH and Duffs in the back line together.
Your post, my thoughts. [y]

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm surprised that Duffy didn't get a call up last season. Toshack seems to have enough faith in a right back who played for Wrexham in the BSP last season, but has recently moved to Swansea I believe, but not in a first choice right back in League One?

However, I think I remember reading something that most Wales fans weren't impressed when he was actually given a chance in the squad...

Poulticedale

However, I think I remember reading something that most Wales fans weren't impressed when he was actually given a chance in the squad...
He was also laughed out of Millwall. Don't worry, we have coached him into a world-beater again.

Phil Sayers

Very well known Exeweb poster
Could be getting closer now Toshack has gone....

Well-known Exeweb poster
I like Duffy and think for us he's a definite asset. But he's still far to prone to slips in concentration, at our level he and we can get away with them, Just, at a higher and international level's they, for sure would be exploited. So,For me at the mo, He's a way of the welsh international fold.