• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ribeiro Trip

oxford don

Its academic now of course ...but how I saw it in real time a subtle touch on Ribs trailing foot by the Liverpool player, causing Ribs to trip himself...almost like a tap tackle in Rugby...I've watched it over in slow mo. a few times and I am convinced it was a Penalty... I think by his reaction Ribs was also...he's not the type to cheat is he ? I've seen them given for less...Hey Ho...all water under the bridge now, but lets have more bursts into the box from Ribs at Anfield ( and Morecombe ) like last season please. In full flow he's a very difficult player to contain.

Cant wait for the replay...as much as I hate Liverpool..( worked in the **** hole for a few years.)

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Watch it again the replay clearly shows the Ribs tripped over his own foot.

oxford don

I have but to be blunt on TV its not as apparent as what I ( we ) thought we saw at the game. I suppose there's only one person ( possibly two ) who will know.

Perhaps its a good job I gave up refereeing when I did.(rofl)

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes, but it clearly shows that the defender's leg nudges Ribero's leg enough that he trips himself up. Had the defender not been there Ribero wouldn't have tripped.

Oxford Don is correct, however the Liverpool defender's contact with Ribero is clearly outside of the box so it isn't a penalty - we should have had a free kick about a foot outside the box.

Still think we should have had a penalty for the challenge on Noble, as Alan Shearer said at half time if that challenge had happened anywhere else on the pitch we would have had a free kick so why wasn't it a penalty? Just because it's inside the box it shouldn't make a difference - a reckless challenge is a reckless challenge.

sladie

Yes, but it clearly shows that the defender's leg nudges Ribero's leg enough that he trips himself up. Had the defender not been there Ribero wouldn't have tripped.

Oxford Don is correct, however the Liverpool defender's contact with Ribero is clearly outside of the box so it isn't a penalty - we should have had a free kick about a foot outside the box.

Still think we should have had a penalty for the challenge on Noble, as Alan Shearer said at half time if that challenge had happened anywhere else on the pitch we would have had a free kick so why wasn't it a penalty? Just because it's inside the box it shouldn't make a difference - a reckless challenge is a reckless challenge.
completely agree, the problem is we will rarely see that happen