• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ribeiro to Oxford

Well-known Exeweb poster
mainly due to injuries last season was disappointing, and thought he was wasted as a c/b, he's an outstanding attacking wing bac, get the lads general fitness up, and tbh thought last season he was carrying a few 2 many pounds and keep him at r/b oxford have got one of the better wing bacs in the lower divisions, use him as a c/b, imo , hes above average, but only just. sad to see him go but wish him well

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

On the up

Are you talking about his form last season: runs toward the opposition goal then disappears?
You really are the most pedantic poster on this forum.

Get a life, he's secured a good move after serving us well for 2 seasons. Circa 80 appearances and 6 or so goals.

Good luck to him and any other player that plays for the shirt then moves on with pride.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster

Get a life, he's secured a good move after serving us well for 2 seasons. Circa 80 appearances and 6 or so goals.

Good luck to him and any other player that plays for the shirt then moves on with pride.
What I wrote wasn't pedantry, and I do have a life thanks. You think just because I don't think he's as good as others do that's justification for your childish insults? I don't dislike him, I don't begrudge him playing to the highest standard he can achieve for himself nor earning as much as he possibly can, I just don't rate him that highly and font think his performances last season warrant his apparent deification on here.

If you disagree that's fine but that's my opinion so live with it.

Angus

So we didn't even offer Ribs a contract! How stupid, very stupid! Said last year get him on a two year contract and at least sell the lad. Our management regarding players departures can be very amatuer at times.

Ian Tarr

So we didn't even offer Ribs a contract! How stupid, very stupid! Said last year get him on a two year contract and at least sell the lad. Our management regarding players departures can be very amatuer at times.
And you seriously think he would have signed a two year contract last time around, given his obvious ambition? That would have been self defeating on his part.

Last edited:

Angus

As strange as it sounds he likes Exeter! He wanted to stay

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Perhaps what he wanted and what we were prepared to pay were two entirely different things.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Any rumours of a replacement? Think we need a full time rb if we are going to put together a solid defensive unit.

oxford don

Well said ...those who saw him play would know his worth.. those keyboard warriors that didn't, wouldn't... When Ribs was played last season in his best position he in invariably played well. Lets not forget he had a knee op around Christmas... However as we all know Tis has a penchant for dicking around with players... (TN)

You should always endeavour to play at the highest level you can, in any sport and lets face it a move to most Div 2 and any Div 1 would be a good move for Ribs if he is ambitious.

A big loss for us imo, but we move on.. tomorrow the sun will rise.. ( well it does here in France but not so much in Britain at the momen I understand )

Moxey would moan if we had Messi up front :p...then again if we did Tis would probably play him at centre half.;)

Last edited: