• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Retained List 2022/23

Bridgy 81

Realistically all we are waiting for is confirmation regards Jamal Blackman, Jonathan Grounds and Jevani.
Even the decision on Jevani has been so heavily touted that it wont come as any surprise so perhaps I should rename the thread to say "Will Grounds and Blackman be leaving or not?"
I believe the case that Jevani has to answer isn’t due to be back in Court until 7th July.
So, I can’t imagine there’ll be any announcement by anyone about his football career until then, at the very earliest.
That’s one month before next season’s kickoff at best.
But it’s very possible that it maybe delayed even beyond then.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I believe the case that Jevani has to answer isn’t due to be back in Court until 7th July.
So, I can’t imagine there’ll be any announcement by anyone about his football career until then, at the very earliest.
That’s one month before next season’s kickoff at best.
But it’s very possible that it maybe delayed even beyond then.
Notwithstanding that Bridgy the club only has to disclose at this stage who they are releasing and who they are offering contracts to. The issue with Jevani is that the contract offer (otherwise we have to state we are releasing him) could state a starting date depending on the trial perhaps (the contract details will remain private of course)? Having said that listening to Radio Five Live the other day they were saying that the delays in the court system are now so bad that it's not unusual for cases to wait two years before getting to trial. There were cases that took 4 years and one that took SIX years!

Last edited:

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
Paul Batty has done some carpentry /odd jobs for my wife's shop.

Bridgy 81

Notwithstanding that Bridgy the club only has to disclose at this stage who they are releasing and who they are offering contracts to. The issue with Jevani is that the contract offer (otherwise we have to state we are releasing him) could state a starting date depending on the trial perhaps? Having said that listening to Radio Five Live the other day they were saying that the delays in the court system are now so bad that it's not unusual for cases to wait two years before getting to trial. There were cases that took 4 years and one that took SIX years!
Yes.
As the alleged offence occurred in early February, if it’s resolved one way or another by July, I think that’d be swift in relation to the current backlog, on top of the slow pace that the judicial system usually moves.
I wouldn’t be surprised if this drags on even longer.
It’s a sad situation all round (possibly unnecessary and avoidable) and a great pity for everyone involved.

denzel

I once saw Steve Moran playing the fruities at the Steam Packet in Topsham

chunkymorrinmunter

Lived next door to John sparrow. random info

Athelstan

I once saw Steve Moran playing the fruities at the Steam Packet in Topsham
We have a winner!

STURTZ

Took my brother to buy some football boots in town and Alan Banks measured his feet.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Used to take Cecil Smythe to mass, Brian Whitnall was my classmates dad!
Sturtz, Brian Whitnall is an old mate of mine, still alive and living in Plymouth.

STURTZ

Sturtz, Brian Whitnall is an old mate of mine, still alive and living in Plymouth.
I won't hold that against him!
Lived in Clyst St Mary when I knew him.
I was mates with his son Michael and Brian's wife was my teacher at primary school.